• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Daypacks

o3jeff

In the market for a new daypack, something around 2000 ci. Looking at the Osprey Stratos series due to the back ventilation system and i thing Gregory has a similar system. Anyone have one or have any recommendations?

o3jeff

Thanks for all the replies and info! :grin:

I picked up the Osprey Stratos 24, about the perfect size and the back ventilation system works great. Look forward to trying it out in the warmer months. Only thing is I wish they had a few more inside pockets to organize things.

o3jeff

I loaded it up pretty heavy the other weekend to test it out on a 6 mile hike and the "Airspeed" suspension really dispersed the weight pretty good.

DonnaWalken

Website
www.hikesedona.com
Have the same issue with the Osprey Stratos 24. It would have been totally perfect if there were more inside pockets. As it is I have to make do with small pouches or ziplocs to keep things organized inside.

wa-loaf

I would get just about anything but the Osprey Stratos 24 ... oh wait ... :p

thetrailboss

Staff member
Look at the Black Diamond lineup. I was able to get this one in large last fall and it is sick. Great strap system, nice belt and suspension system. Great price too. It was the first pack that rode with me as I hiked and it was not hot or sticky at all.