• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush - March 22 - 24th potential AZ gathering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Hey guys,

Putting some feelers out there for any interest in an AZ gathering March 22nd - 24th at Sugarbush. (Fri - Sun).

Getting some group rate quotes right now, what I'm seeing at the Sugarbush Inn if we can fill it up is somewhere between $160 (for a full quad room) to $180 (for a double) up to $280 if you fly solo in a room.

That's for Fri & Sat night lodging + Sat & Sun lift passes.

I think we would need at least 20 reservations to get in.

Thoughts? Let me know if you guys are interested, am pursuing this now.

gmcunni

i'd be interested. not to sound "greedy" but that time of year Mr Ellen might be closed and they run the cat skiing thing, that would be a cool adventure to add to the weekend (extra cost of course).

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
Hey guys,

Putting some feelers out there for any interest in an AZ gathering March 22nd - 24th at Sugarbush. (Fri - Sun).

Getting some group rate quotes right now, what I'm seeing at the Sugarbush Inn if we can fill it up is somewhere between $160 (for a full quad room) to $180 (for a double) up to $280 if you fly solo in a room.

That's for Fri & Sat night lodging + Sat & Sun lift passes.

I think we would need at least 20 reservations to get in.

Thoughts? Let me know if you guys are interested, am pursuing this now.

Is that price per person, or per room?

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Per person.

Sat + Sun lift pass is around $70. Rooms are from $110 to $180 per night depending on single or quad, at the Sugarbush Inn.

JimG.

Staff member
I will do this and make it 3 days because I also have an MRG voucher.

I really would prefer if Ellen was open but I know there is no controlling that. Then again, that could turn out to be another snowfall weekend.

xwhaler

Im likely going to be at sugarbush that Friday so could share some runs. All set on lodging though. Addl mini meet ups to get in on group lodging is a good idea! :)

Cornhead

This is a distinct possibility, I have a SB weekday, and three MRG vouchers. Maybe I'll take the week before, or after, off. Scotty, do you want to ski MRG along with the weekend at SB? We could do two days at MRG, and the weekend with the gang at SB. Nick, is there a chance of getting any discount on extended lodging at SB?

JimG.

Staff member
Cornhead, somehow I did not get to meet you this past weekend, and I'd enjoy skiing with Scotty too.

Hope we can all make this happen.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
This is a distinct possibility, I have a SB weekday, and three MRG vouchers. Maybe I'll take the week before, or after, off. Scotty, do you want to ski MRG along with the weekend at SB? We could do two days at MRG, and the weekend with the gang at SB. Nick, is there a chance of getting any discount on extended lodging at SB?

I'm betting the room rate would be the same if you threw in a Thursday night for example. So an extra $110 for a double, ($55 per person, appx)

ScottySkis

Sure I do one day at Mad River, and two at the Bush.:thumbup:

Cornhead

Cornhead, somehow I did not get to meet you this past weekend, and I'd enjoy skiing with Scotty too.

Hope we can all make this happen.
Sorry we didn't meet either, I wasn't staying at the Loaf, Mountain View Inn, I have no friends, and had to fly solo. :wink: I skied mostly with BackLoafRiver, Friday and Saturday. I did ski a few runs with reefer, double eject, boarder patrol, and another member whose handle escapes me, sorry. The only appearance I made with the group, was the Widowmaker Saturday after the lifts stopped turning. I don't drink anymore, so the bar scene has little appeal to me, "safety meetings", on the other hand, I still enjoy. :wink:

WWF-VT

I'll be around that weekend but because it's my home mountain I don't need lodging or lift tickets

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
well if you are there would still be fun to get some turns.

I think we need 20 res. minimum to get this going. As long as we think we can hit that I can start opening it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.