Bruce Trail Waterfall Line

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Bruce Trail Waterfall Line

I've been hooked on the Bruce trail lately and yesterday I decided to turn left at the little Arrow sign which tells you to go right. If you have skied the Bruce before you know what I'm talking about. Turning left drops you straight down a steep waterfall/creek bed with multiple rock drops and away from the trail. One of the coolest lines I have skied this year for sure.

Does anyone out there know if this line has a name?

Better duck... Insults and obsentities are sure to fly...
    2017-2018

Ski Visits in PA
    Ski Visits in VT 1
    Total Ski Visits 1

Ski Roundtop
    Ski Liberty
    Stowe 12/9
    Sugarbush
    Killington

Quote Originally Posted by jimmywilson69 View Post
    Better duck... Insults and obsentities are sure to fly...
    Why is that? Because I have a question about a well known side country spot I just skied?

I always thought it was a Bruce variation. Great year to be on that trail.
    "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." - H. D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by snowmonster View Post
    I always thought it was a Bruce variation. Great year to be on that trail.
    If you haven't tried it I highly recommend it. It was magical yesterday!

It doesn't seem to be a cut trail. Looks like a drainage/ creek if you fire up google earth.

^ I've been on it. Although I must say, it wasn't planned.
    "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." - H. D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by snowmonster View Post
    ^ I've been on it. Although I must say, it wasn't planned.
    Figured you had been back there.

Have you made it to Tear Drop yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Huck_It_Baby View Post
    I've been hooked on the Bruce trail lately and yesterday I decided to turn left at the little Arrow sign which tells you to go right. If you have skied the Bruce before you know what I'm talking about. Turning left drops you straight down a steep waterfall/creek bed with multiple rock drops and away from the trail. One of the coolest lines I have skied this year for sure.

Does anyone out there know if this line has a name?
    Yes, it is considered sidecountry and no it is not a trail but it is maintained. This line does have a name but I will not name it. Share it with friends....it's a great find!

Quote Originally Posted by Huck_It_Baby View Post
    Why is that? Because I have a question about a well known side country spot I just skied?
    Because you're giving away the top-secret location that virtually everyone who skis or snowboards (and many who dont) already knows.

<--- Still of the opinion that the "secret stash" or "secret woods" spot is one of the dumbest things in the entire sport of recreational skiing. PRO TIP: Even though you're 100% sure it's a secret spot, it's NOT a secret.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Sullivan County up on the Walnuts mtn 2000 high elevation

Re: Bruce Trail Waterfall Line

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Because you're giving away the top-secret location that virtually everyone who skis or snowboards (and many who dont) already knows.

<--- Still of the opinion that the "secret stash" or "secret woods" spot is one of the dumbest things in the entire sport of recreational skiing. PRO TIP: Even though you're 100% sure it's a secret spot, it's NOT a secret.
    I need to find the secret trees in Roxbury hill please help with that, my good skis are now rock skis, but I'm happy about the fun I was having when that happened.

Thread Information