Does anyone make their own Skis? or are interested in contributing to the design of ? - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kicker Snowsports View Post
    Exactly what I was looking for. Happy to see we aren't the only crazy ones making our own skis. Thanks. I'll be on the slopes today for the first time on the first pair of skis my buddies and I made. I'm pretty excited. We had a long summer developing a few prototypes and getting our manufacturing process down. Today is the day all those months will pay off!
    Good luck. I hope you are able to carve out a nice niche in the market. Or get bought out by one of the big boys for a nice payday if that's what you want!

You're gonna want to talk to these guys...

06-shaping-new-ski-670f.jpg

Photograph by Jonas Bendiksen
    Tursen, at right, and Ashatu shape a new ski, carved from a freshly felled spruce tree. They heat the tips to soften them for bending and, after curing, apply rawhide bindings and tack horsehide to the bottoms.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Rex View Post
    I do 3D modeling and drafting for a living, and I'd be interested in helping if someone were looking to give it a try.
    we need to talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post
    You're gonna want to talk to these guys...
    I have another one. This is more like step-by-step instructions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXdbqa65GhI

Exactly what I was looking for. Happy to see we aren't the only crazy ones making our own skis. Thanks. I'll be on the slopes today for the first time on the first pair of skis my buddies and I made. I'm pretty excited. We had a long summer developing a few prototypes and getting our manufacturing process down. Today is the day all those months will pay off!
    aaahhhhh nothing like first run on your own skis. I have 4 days on my skisand except for the first day I'm not bringing factory skis with me anymore.... Don't need to

I build pair of skis. You definitely not only one making your own skis... well maybe in Washington DC.

Thread Information