• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Resort Closings 2014

4aprice

Removing snow? Wild.

Yep, saw them do it last year. The paths to the top of the water slides are underneath. The interesting thing is (and they have talked about this in the past) they could continue skiing on the east side if they wanted to. Maybe when the Hotel/indoor water park is finished. They have also talked about expansion over there.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

spiderpig

Yep, saw them do it last year. The paths to the top of the water slides are underneath. The interesting thing is (and they have talked about this in the past) they could continue skiing on the east side if they wanted to. Maybe when the Hotel/indoor water park is finished. They have also talked about expansion over there.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

That all makes a lot of sense, and good to hear that they are thinking about expansion. I've been there in summer and winter, so I know that you can ski over the lazy river location, too. I can't imagine they have enough guests to justify lengthening the ski season, anyway.

Abominable

〽❄❅;834133 said:
Elk Mountain my day tripping hill in PA closes for the season this Saturday March 29th.

As of today they're 98% open with a 3.5' - 6' base!

I have two vouchers / passes and am not gonna get there. Message me if you'd like them. Could probably overnight them today so you could ski either Friday or Saturday.

Abominable

〽❄❅;834635 said:
Thank you for the offer but i won't be going there then.

You're welcome. Offer is open to anyone. Would need to get in the mail or Fedex today (or meet in the city if you work here). Would hate to see them go to waste. Not looking for anything in return.

Quietman

Was at Mt Abram today and there is tons of snow, 100% coverage including the new snow they got today. They stated they will be closing the 5th of April. Seems like a short amount of time for them to close when they have a lot of snow they could probably stay open tip mid April or so. Just sad they will waste that potential business.
Gib

Just got an email from the GM at Mt Abram. The main bearing on the return bullwheel of the "Way Back Machine" (summit double) has failed. Good news it that they will try to stay open using the Maine T-bar and the Westside double through the 5th and possibly weekends through 4/17. I wish them luck as they are one of my favorites.

"Beginning tomorrow through April 5th, an all day weekend lift ticket will be just $30, for both the T Bar and Westside.

At this point, we are considering an extend season by adding two additional weekends, opening the T Bar only with burgers, hot dogs and cold beers in the sun for the weekend of April 12-13 as well as possibly the 19th-20th, weather conditions permitting. We will make an announcement on Thursday morning April 10th and April 17th for the following weekend. Lift tickets will be just $20.
"

VTKilarney

The unofficial word is that Burke is considering extending their season. They are going to assess the situation closer to their April 6th closing date. If the conditions warrant, they may open for another weekend or two.

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

You're welcome. Offer is open to anyone. Would need to get in the mail or Fedex today (or meet in the city if you work here). Would hate to see them go to waste. Not looking for anything in return.

If I am not too late, I would love to get those Elk vouchers to use Saturday.

drjeff

The unofficial word is that Burke is considering extending their season. They are going to assess the situation closer to their April 6th closing date. If the conditions warrant, they may open for another weekend or two.

Translation, they're working on getting Michaela Shriffrin to come back and make an appearance at Burke and Burke Mtn Academy that weekend, but aren't sure logistically if it can happen ;)

dlague

Hoping this is the case at other resorts!

BenedictGomez

I'm not sure how this thread got to eleventy-million pages, but does anyone know if Smuggs is likely to extend the season? (Based on what they've done prior years)

Their website says:

Sunday, April 6

Final day for Winter programming and lift operations on Morse and Madonna Mountains.

I want to book a week up there and stay on-property from April 12 - April 19, and god knows there's plenty of snow, but I aint booking if they're only keeping Sterling open.