• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Am I the problem?

dlague

In the early 2000's with a lack of marketing the hipsters as they call them favored PBR because they were not being marketed to. However, their advertising was low key and very niche focused with the ski industry being one of the targets through publications like SKI, Powder, etc. Some examples:

Sponsoring Events
PBR1.jpg

and their website circa 2005

PBRweb.jpg

For the fun of it go to Liftopia blogs and search for PBR you will be surprised how many articles come up here is one of them:

top-ski-town-beers

Glenn

I like PBR because it's cheap and easily accessible. In VT, it's on tap at once place for $2; another $2 tallboys. Awhile back, I was able to get 30 packs for $13.99 OTD in New Hampshire.

For the record, I don't wear skinny jeans or a scarf, or black rimmed glasses or think that anything mainstream sucks.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Kids being kids?

I feel the same way now. But there was a time when I was in my late teens that I didn't really have the appropriate level of respect for those around me. I still think I was at least decent - e.g. I tried not to swear when there were kids around, for example - but especially in groups + alcohol just ups the ante for douchy behavior.

witch hobble

By the way, in 1998 at the Dogwood Acres in Maple Summit, PA, you could buy a totally unhip and non-ironic PBR pounder in a bottle for $1.25. Throw down $2 and feel like a high rollin big tipper.