• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2014-15 Edition

prsboogie

I'm in a couple of the EICSL clubs. Discount tickets are best purchased through ACE, and the Jay trip is open to all EICSL members. We also have a Winter Park trip for $1100 that includes airfare, ground transport, loding, and lift tickets. I think the airfare portion is sold out for this year, but there is a ground package still available.

Are you required to attend meetings for Ace or can I just pay my nickel and enjoy the ride?

yeggous

Are you required to attend meetings for Ace or can I just pay my nickel and enjoy the ride?

You can just pay. Tickets are distributed at the December meeting so that is one incentive to go.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

prsboogie

Thanks yeggous. Not that I wouldn't want to go it would just be a big commitment since I'm about 1h20m away.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I was a member of Ace for a couple of years. Never went to a meeting. I found the club to be well organized and the deals quite good.

steamboat1

Thanks. I will probably join at some point this month.
Just a bit of advice. The ski deals end soon so joining later means you won't be able to use any this year (except for maybe ski club appreciation days). I think the deadline for ordering ski club discount vouchers for various resorts that are good anytime ends sometime this week, at least I know my clubs order forms are due this week. As Yeggous already stated the ACE vouchers that went on sale in August are just about sold out except for some small areas.

prsboogie

Just a bit of advice. The ski deals end soon so joining later means you won't be able to use any this year (except for maybe ski club appreciation days). I think the deadline for ordering ski club discount vouchers for various resorts that are good anytime ends sometime this week, at least I know my clubs order forms are due this week. As Yeggous already stated the ACE vouchers that went on sale in August are just about sold out except for some small areas.

I would join now just for the appreciation days at this point. The good tickets are unavailable

steamboat1

Speaking of Ski Club Days, is there a "Final Version" of that PDF yet?
I wouldn't expect an update. Last year was the same thing, the preliminary list was the final list. Like I said before there are dates & places that aren't on that list. I've posted most of the ones not on the list in this thread already.

steamboat1

I would join now just for the appreciation days at this point. The good tickets are unavailable
Definitely worth it. Just the savings on one day at most places pays the dues. Me I just use a few Stowe days, that's it. My savings belonging to a ski club is mostly from lodging costs. I don't have the luxury of living close enough to the places I like to ski for day trips.

Last edited:

prsboogie

The ride is s killer if you can't find decent rack rates. Its on of the reasons I ski NH, you can always get a place to sleep inexpensively in the N Conway area. Stowe is about 4 hours away and can be really expensive to stay. Same reason I haven't skied at Sugarbush Jay or Sugarloaf.

Tin

Do what I do and date a Vermonter.

<------ Employs advanced SOTC tactics

LOL

attachment.php

Attachments

• Guiness-Brilliant!.jpg
    Guiness-Brilliant!.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 242

4aprice

Bretton Woods lost their server and their backup server - which is why the link to purchase the tickets does not work. They confirmed that the promotional pricing will run through the conclusion of the Boston Ski Expo. They hope to have their server back online this (Saturday) afternoon, although they didn't seem too sure of it.

As of this morning this is still not working. Will keep my eyes on it as it looks like I can be up there the weekend of the 15th and would ski even limited terrain for 20 bucks.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

steamboat1

The ride is s killer if you can't find decent rack rates. Its on of the reasons I ski NH, you can always get a place to sleep inexpensively in the N Conway area. Stowe is about 4 hours away and can be really expensive to stay. Same reason I haven't skied at Sugarbush Jay or Sugarloaf.
There are reasonably priced places to stay near all those areas.

Edd

Do what I do and date a Vermonter.

<------ Employs advanced SOTC tactics

I pulled something similar. My GF lived on North Conway the first 4 years we dated. It was really great having her place there. I hit 59 days one season. Unfortunately, my skills weren't very employable there so she moved my way.

jaytrem

If anybody needs a 40% off Geigerrig code send me a PM. It says the code will work 3 times, I'm 99% sure I won't be buying one this year, so 1st 3 get the code. Lowest priced pack on their website is $115 before discount.

Passport details here...

http://www.geigerrig.com/hydration-pack/

Tin

Mountain Sports Club has their $30 package with free lift tickets. Grabbed a Berkie and Crotched one today. Unlimited BOGOs for Berkshire East (M-F), Ward, Black (M-F), Cranmore, Crotched, Dartmouth, Whaleback, buy one get one half price at Platty, Burke (M-F), Jay (Sun-Fri), Smuggs (Early and late season), and then lots of $5-$15 off things. Late in the year they have great specials, last year was $15 tickets to Magic and Platty after March 1st. This thing saved me over $400 last year.