• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2014-15 Edition

VTKilarney

Bretton Woods is selling $19 early season tickets valid every day 'til Dec. 19 They also have $35 midweek valid all season with holiday blackouts, and $65 anytime tix. For a limited time at brettonwoods.com
Bretton Woods lost their server and their backup server - which is why the link to purchase the tickets does not work. They confirmed that the promotional pricing will run through the conclusion of the Boston Ski Expo. They hope to have their server back online this (Saturday) afternoon, although they didn't seem too sure of it.

prsboogie

Thanks VTK, I need to pickup a couple to matchup with my kids free jr passes from their rentals.

VTKilarney

Thanks VTK, I need to pickup a couple to matchup with my kids free jr passes from their rentals.
That's exactly what I was trying to do. I actually went to get my children's season passes, but couldn't get them because of the server crash. Oh well... It was a nice day for a drive.

VTKilarney

The Bretton Woods server appears to be back up, but I still can't figure out how to purchase the tickets. It wants you to put in a start date, and no matter what date I put in it says that no product is available.

VTKilarney

Bretton Woods appears to have an unadvertised Christmas Day ticket for $25.

Edd

The Bretton Woods server appears to be back up, but I still can't figure out how to purchase the tickets. It wants you to put in a start date, and no matter what date I put in it says that no product is available.

I get the Bold/Beautiful pass for Cannon/BW every year. Last season I had no luck with BW's site. Tried calling them and they couldn't take the order over the phone. Yeah, weird. Had to go through Cannon.

VTKilarney

I get the Bold/Beautiful pass for Cannon/BW every year. Last season I had no luck with BW's site. Tried calling them and they couldn't take the order over the phone. Yeah, weird. Had to go through Cannon.
They couldn't sell me the promotional tickets in person, which was pretty frustrating after making the drive to the mountain.

deadheadskier

Staff member
You would think their ticket manager could produce a hand typed voucher for the tickets to satisfy the sale.

prsboogie

That seems to be the same issue I'm having!

Edd

So I just tried to buy my season pass for this year on BW's site. You get partly through the process and it craps out. Deja vu from last year. I went straight to Cannon's site and it worked like a charm.

The obvious takeaway here is that the government-run ski area does a superior job when compared with the private one. No doubt VTKilarney agrees wholeheartedly with me.

catherine

So I just tried to buy my season pass for this year on BW's site. You get partly through the process and it craps out. Deja vu from last year. I went straight to Cannon's site and it worked like a charm.

The obvious takeaway here is that the government-run ski area does a superior job when compared with the private one. No doubt VTKilarney agrees wholeheartedly with me.

Kinda like healthcare :)

BenedictGomez

typical communist

Cant the politics be confined to the multiple Global Warming threads and/or obvious other political threads? Can we try to at least keep politics out of the friggin' SOTC thread?

Edd

Cant the politics be confined to the multiple Global Warming threads and/or obvious other political threads? Can we try to at least keep politics out of the friggin' SOTC thread?

Those were jokes, BG. Lighten up, buddy.

deadheadskier

Staff member
yes, jokes.......

And thanks for the laugh BG. The single most politically charged forum member by far is attempting to community moderate where political discussions can and can't occur? Seriously? That's a good Sunday morning laugh right there.

VTKilarney

As of this morning Bretton Woods' server was down again. At this point I would happily support a government takeover. ;-) And if I did want to take this seriously, I would point out the complete train wreck that is the Vermont Health Connect website. But it's November and snow is blowing, so why not just have some fun!

As long as they get their servers running before my stay at the Mt. Washington Hotel all is good.

deadheadskier

Staff member
When's the deadline on the cheap tickets at BW? I'd like to buy 1 or 2 for some December turns.

BenedictGomez

And thanks for the laugh BG. The single most politically charged forum member by far is attempting to community moderate where political discussions can and can't occur? Seriously? That's a good Sunday morning laugh right there.

Anddddddddddd it continues.......