• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2014-15 Edition

jaytrem

Got mine too, that was really quick.

Me too, was quite surprised. They even put a barcode and a number on the cards this year. The one from a 2 years ago looked like something you could copy in 5 minutes. I didn't get one last year, so not sure how it was last year.

BenedictGomez

For the ridiculous cost of shipping it should be a quick turnaround

LOL. Seriously. We should have gotten it hand delivered by a singing telegram.

I don't understand that shipping cost. I guess instead of calling it a transaction fee or something like that they just made it shipping.

BS fee to boost profit.

I don't know anything about the relationships or how that program works financially, but if the only difference in price this year as people seem to be intimating is the shipping, I cant imagine the mountains being happy with that.

Savemeasammy

BS fee to boost profit.

If they want to make more money, just increase the cost of the card... No one is stupid enough to believe there is that much cost associated with putting cards in an envelope and dropping them in the mail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BenedictGomez

If they want to make more money, just increase the cost of the card... No one is stupid enough to believe there is that much cost associated with putting cards in an envelope and dropping them in the mail.

Did they use a 3rd-party shipping service last year as well? Maybe that's the delta.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I look at the fee on the card like I look at fees for concert tickets,......part of what you have to pay to play

MadMadWorld

I just get annoyed when companies claim cheaper prices and tack on fees afterwards. Buying flowers online is even worse than concert tickets.

jaytrem

If anybody is interested in the Geigerrig passport theclymb.com has one of the packs on sale for $94.98, (note:less than 4 left)...

https://www.theclymb.com/show-produ...h?q=brand:%20geigerrig&style_id=131192&page=1

That's one of the more expensive Geigerrig, so if you you're just looking for the passport you might be better off waiting for a cheaper model. Passport details are here...

http://www.geigerrig.com/passport/locations.html

Lots of midweek tickets for around the country. Eastern highlights are.... Killington, Pico, Bretton, Oak, Wachusettes, Pat Peak (2 for 1)