• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

A White T-Day?

BenedictGomez

The Euro had it first, and looks better than the GFS. My guess is it Scott Norwood's for the most part, but finger's crossed.

Tin

Yup. And that's the perfect map to irresponsibly share, because it wallops all the east coast high population centers, leading to maximum web hits and page traffic.

Yup, last night before going to bed I was seeing 2-4" for Mass, CT, and RI and maybe a dusting to 2" in ski country, now seeing a few more like this. It's way too far out to do anything even close to this, and of all weeks to send people in a panic.

Whoa, can we lock in the newest EURO run😂, big hit for almost all of ski country (excluding the far south and far north)

Those crazy Europeans are going gangbusters right now, normally they just let the Americans lose their minds!

At this point, it's not important to worry about the modeled QPF as much as some other factors. Mid level (H7) modeling is key, and the current consensus is solid for ski country.

gfs_H7_108_700_rh_ht.jpg

This depiction would bring good banding into VT, so we want the H7 to close off west, but not too far west.

EURO inches west, 12+ into northern Vermont, jackpot in NH with around 18. Basically, this won't happen :lol:

BenedictGomez

I'm a little concerned that nobody is talking about the Canuck, which doesn't even show a snowstorm, as it performed the best of the models last winter for east coast storms. That said, given the GFS and the EURO have it, I understand why everyone assumes they're right and the Canadian is incorrect. It just seems odd to me that nobody is even mentioning the fact the Canadian model is vastly different/east.

BenedictGomez

GFS map

B3IYG8gIEAEaunr.png

EURO map (because some whiskey-drinking, cigar-smoking rebel posted it)

10669096_786388824751915_8127790046788754027_o.png

EDIT: These default to 10:1, and this storm is predicted to be a ratio less than that, so do a little match to arrive at the predicted snowfall.

Last edited:

Tin

TWC is having a field day with this hype. I still say Yawgoo or Powder Ridge gets the jackpot with 2-4" lol

BenedictGomez

TWC is having a field day with this hype. I still say Yawgoo or Powder Ridge gets the jackpot with 2-4" lol

Again, I'm a little bewildered as to why nobody is pointing out the Canadian has this system OTS. I'd hate to suspect it's because no storm = no drama, but it makes me wonder. I mean, there should be at least a small chance the Canuck is correct and both the Euro & GFS are wrong.