• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stratton: November 27th & 28Th 2014

Glenn

13" of powder on Thanksgiving. It was a helluva first day out. Talk about getting your legs back! They had the gondola running and Amex along with Ursa. For me, Black Bear was the run of the day; soft center with small bumps, fresh on the edges with bigger bumps. Crowd wasn't bad at all given that it was Thanksgiving. Just a great way to kick off the season.

Friday was a similar day. Slightly more crowded and a little slicker in the center of a few runs. But I was still able to find some soft bumps off to the sides of a few runs. The sun was out, so a bit easier to see. Gondola was pretty busy, so we stuck with the two lift plan to the summit.

Edit: Can't upload photos with Tapatalk?

Last edited:

Glenn

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 402

xlr8r

Looks nice!!!

Planning on heading there this weekend. Looks like they have a lot open so far.

Glenn

reef,
Yep, we changed it up this year.

xl,
Should be good with the snow guns going most of this week.

slatham

I was there Thanksgiving too and couldn't believe I was skiing in a foot of powder on the side of Black Bear, Franks Fallline etc on the first day out. Not complaining - it was great! Decent amount of terrain open, with Drifter one of the nicer trails, both in coverage and character. No real crowd to speak of.

Spent Fri, Sat and Sun over at Bromley which was also in great shape with terrain opening daily and crowds limited.

Think Snow!

Glenn

Glad to hear Bromley is skiing well. Haven't been there for a few years.

marinamoreira

Thanks for the post! I have not been to Stratton yet. Do you think it could be good for beginners and intermediate skiers?

mriceyman

Thanks for the post! I have not been to Stratton yet. Do you think it could be good for beginners and intermediate skiers?
Pretty much most of on trail terrain made for beg/int skiers. Great mtn for cruising

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone