• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Simple Secret Stash - Mid-NH

vdubbin

I work near New London NH. There is an old ski area here, King Ridge: http://www.nelsap.org/nh/kingridge.html

With a (slightly) extended lunch hour you can skin up and grabs some tracks! Several trails are actually kept pretty open with mowing top and bottom with some tighter sections in the middle.

attachment.php

Recently found a new playground on the back side. This only works with a ton of snow and is particularly nice right now with a crusty top on 3 feet of snow providing smooth and fast tree skiing! Probably only good for the next week or so. Here is the beta: park on stone house rd just a little past the stone house. Head up into the recently logged hill. Once on top, take the skins off and point your tips down hill. Big lanes and tighter trees, it's all good.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMAG0386.jpg
    IMAG0386.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 424
  • IMAG0443.jpg
    IMAG0443.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 421
Last edited:

JDMRoma

is that the old King Ridge ? That was in New london

After clicking the link.......yes it is !

Nice pics, looks really good !

vdubbin

Yup, I fixed the name in the original post. Only one of the pics is from today (crusty day on logged "back side") the other is earlier in the year on a powder day on one of old trails of the old ski area.

JDMRoma

lotta memories there, skied there as a kid and was my second date with my wife back in the 80s !