• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Prospect Hill (Nelsap) Waltham MA 3/19/2015

granite

The article says a minimum trail length of 6,700 feet. I don't think so, that's well over a mile long on 350 feet of vertical? Even so, it would be great to bring it back.

Quietman

The article says a minimum trail length of 6,700 feet. I don't think so, that's well over a mile long on 350 feet of vertical? Even so, it would be great to bring it back.

I looked at the area using Hillmap, and it shows the old ski area at .35 mile to the water tanks, and .5 mile to the top. Not sure how you'd get a lift past the tanks unless you put a chair over one of them. I used to do lunch hikes in the area 7 years ago.

Bostonian

This would be fantastic. I can remember as a little kid when my parents had their law office in Waltham we would drive by prospect hill all the time. I know it would be a huge boon for the area, if they were able to pull it off. A few years back I did earn some turns there. I think everyone in the city would support this venture, since waltham is very much about preserving its past.