• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Major northeast storm this weekend.

BenedictGomez

i went to snowshoe once (i went to college in dc). it was a beautiful drive in the daylight coming in. it was a terrifying drive in the darkness heading out, getting lost, almost running out of gas, and having to stop and ask for directions. deliverance style shit.

Is it really that bad? Looks like beautiful country, property and houses are cheap, they do have skiing, taxes are low..... seems like WV has a lot going for it, but not if the folks are akin to The Hills Have Eyes.

ERJ-145CA

They're saying 12" to 20" for me in northwest Jersey, 10 minutes from Mountain Creek. Should be some good skiing for me Sunday. I think tomorrow I'll be busy shoveling and burning a lot of calories.

mbedle

Rule #1 Don't take anything I say seriously
Rule #2 Southerners can't drive when it snows
Rule #3 There is no rule #3
Rule #4 Yoga pants MUST have a weight limit
Rule #5 When I'm bored, I send a text to a random # saying, "I hid the body... now what?"
Rule #6 Life is short, smile while you still have teeth
Rule #7 If I could turn sarcasm and snark into a paying job I could be employed for infinity

Love that....

BenedictGomez

They're saying 12" to 20" for me in northwest Jersey, 10 minutes from Mountain Creek. Should be some good skiing for me Sunday. I think tomorrow I'll be busy shoveling and burning a lot of calories.

I'm in the 18" to 24" range that some mets are now CYA'ing as "possible 30" in spots", so hopefully I'll be able to GET to the Poconos tomorrow.

abc

Surprise, surprise. It's snowing outside my window! (Northen Westchester)

Not much on the ground yet but coming down pretty thick

ERJ-145CA

About a foot as of 2 PM.
20160123_134241.jpg

Glenn

Wish this one tracked further north. This storm is just going to dump snow on people who will complain about it.

KustyTheKlown

Pretty frustrating storm. Beautiful bluebird day but scratchy skiing at smuggs today. Looks like a miss even for the Catskills

tekweezle

The snow conditions are great.... In central park (nyc).....

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

ERJ-145CA

At my house which is 10 minutes from Mountain Creek it's done snowing and we got 21" of light fluffy powder. I'm looking forward to taking the kids to Mt. Peter tomorrow morning.

ERJ-145CA

It might be crowded, it normally is on the weekend but the New Yorkers might not be able to get out of the city so it might not be too bad. They might groom everything but they'll occasionally leave a trail or two ungroomed when conditions allow.

abc

Unfortunately, I haven't been to Mt Creek for quite a few years after a string of bad experience. So I have no idea whether they groom all the powder away. I suspect they do. Reason being they tend to get big crowd on normal weekends. They simply can't afford not to groom everything.

There's a chance the crowd doesn't materialize due to road condition. But I don't feel like gambling with them just yet. Not until I hear enough positive comments, which I haven't still.

Domeskier

Unfortunately, I haven't been to Mt Creek for quite a few years after a string of bad experience. So I have no idea whether they groom all the powder away. I suspect they do. Reason being they tend to get big crowd on normal weekends. They simply can't afford not to groom everything.

There's a chance the crowd doesn't materialize due to road condition. But I don't feel like gambling with them just yet. Not until I hear enough positive comments, which I haven't still.

Website says they are leaving 1 whole trail ungroomed today....

deadheadskier

Staff member
Generational storm and they leave only one trail ungroomed?

Wachusett screwed me like that about five years ago. Never been back

dlague

Rule #1 Don't take anything I say seriously
Rule #2 Southerners can't drive when it snows
Rule #3 There is no rule #3
Rule #4 Yoga pants MUST have a weight limit
Rule #5 When I'm bored, I send a text to a random # saying, "I hid the body... now what?"
Rule #6 Life is short, smile while you still have teeth
Rule #7 If I could turn sarcasm and snark into a paying job I could be employed for infinity

+1 on #4

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

ScottySkis

Website says they are leaving 1 whole trail ungroomed today....
Wow glad I decided to skip mountain Creek 45 miles from my house for Platty.. Midweek mountain Creek is better with ungrommed trails after sniw falls in recent years that I been their.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Glenn

That happens when/wherever it snows.

I have to say, people in VT seem to embrace it. It's cool to hear the DJ's on the radio talking about snow coming and actually getting excited about it.

I'm sure when I watch the AM news in the flatlands tomorrow, it'll be a moan and groan fest about the snow, parking bans and "Hey weather dude, how long until spring?"