• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

When is the last day for snowmaking

BenedictGomez

feb-2016-wsi-update-27jan16.jpg

Throw out the first handful of days, and I'll take the under on that.

This is the worst of it, then it should turn cold.
12593972_977147128999212_5148183868017964723_o.jpg

NYDB

Man, It looks like I picked the wrong winter to stop sniffing glue.

Will places like Magic even make it through 4 days in the mid 40's and an inch of rain?

dlague

Man, It looks like I picked the wrong winter to stop sniffing glue.

Will places like Magic even make it through 4 days in the mid 40's and an inch of rain?

It is going to hurt! Trails with thin bases will close and not just at Magic.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

prsboogie

Holding out hope for two late winter dumps!!
It's always the wrong week to stop sniffing glue!!!😵

wtcobb

Above average February and rain? Surely you can't be serious!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Speak and Spell using Tapatalk.

mishka

Cannon have snow making blasting all over the place today. I spoke with a couple people from their crew and was told maybe couple more weeks to go also they said most of our other places in MW area all done with snowmaking.

Los

From Cannon's snow report this afternoon:

"Moving forward, we'll continue to be aggressive with snowmaking at every opportunity with no specific end date in sight. We're committed to making winter happen for you here @ Cannon!"

Sounds good to me!

JDMRoma

From Cannon's snow report this afternoon:

"Moving forward, we'll continue to be aggressive with snowmaking at every opportunity with no specific end date in sight. We're committed to making winter happen for you here @ Cannon!"

Sounds good to me!

So this would lead you to believe that Cannon owns their compressors since everyone else will sending them back.
Thanks to the FSC I'm sure !

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

SnowRock

From Stowe's report today:

Our snowmaking team proved once again that they will take advantage of any opportunity to make snow by running the snow guns yesterday and last night on Upper Main Street, the Main Street Headwall, and in the Mansfield & Spruce Peak base areas. We do plan to continue snowmaking this morning for as long as temperatures permit on Main Street, so please note there will be no groomed route down today from the top of the Sensation Quad. - See more at: http://www.stowe.com/ski-ride/conditions/#sthash.x9HfpJp3.dpuf

yeggous

Wildcat is starting a resurfacing push tonight. Starting with Lynx then on to Polecat, both top to bottom.

Attitash is planning to blow on several trails too.

Bretton Woods almost never blows this late in the season, but they too are planning to go back at it.

tumbler

Sugarbush states that they are but I'm sure of their quick resurfacing capaibilities since they have to move so much land equipment around from trail to trail. Not all trails have towers.

Edd

Wildcat is starting a resurfacing push tonight. Starting with Lynx then on to Polecat, both top to bottom.

They need it. Here today. Sun is out so I think it's about to be good but it was icy as hell earlier.

deadheadskier

Staff member
They need it. Here today. Sun is out so I think it's about to be good but it was icy as hell earlier.

I may opt for Crotched on Sunday instead of Wildcat. Between the bit of natural and their ability to resurface quickly, it might be the better play.

I fly home from being in Seattle all week later today. It will be strange seeing snow on the ground at home.