• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

NWS 2016 / 2017 Winter forecast!

ScottySkis

Good to see some of these amounts. The start of this season for the northeast seems to be better than the months of February or March. Not so much here in Colorado, but there is a pattern setting up that might work out well.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app
Their always SLC resort that always get the good s at least your close enough to drive in s day trip. On my two vacation s to Colorado got no snow. Went To Utah had ,100 inches in a week.
ACCUMULATIONS, ADDITIONAL 4 TO 8 INCHES OF SNOW TODAY, HEAVIEST
THIS MORNING, BRINGING STORM TOTALS UP TO 10 TO 20 INCHES

Sent from my XT1064 using AlpineZone mobile app

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

dlague

Their always SLC resort that always get the good s at least your close enough to drive in s day trip. On my two vacation s to Colorado got no snow. Went To Utah had ,100 inches in a week.

Well the entire southwest has been dry and warm up until this past week including Utah. BTW, SLC is not a day trip but more of a quick flight for a long weekend. 9 hour drive one way or 1.5 hour flight.

ScottySkis

So this black Friday looking like more ice and non snow in Catskills at Hunter or mountain Sniw in south Vermont take advice of weather people here.

catsup948

So this black Friday looking like more ice and non snow in Catskills at Hunter or mountain Sniw in south Vermont take advice of weather people here.

Looks like it could stay all snow in the mountains. It's not going to be anything hard though. This weekend could be something to watch for the mountains of NH and Maine.

Sent from my VS985 4G using AlpineZone mobile app

catsup948

Late this week went from heavy hot rain to now weaker cold rain on the GFS. Interesting. Canadian is a nice snow storm for NNE. Canadian is wrong pretty much all the time though.
c15c102e8731e6110b3f8a4f269c0d6e.jpg

Sent from my VS985 4G using AlpineZone mobile app

4aprice

Nice storm coming through the Rockies. If I'm not mistaken this one has no name, but the storm coming behind it does so maybe the conga line is starting up. Hopefully NNE can cash in as well. Locally looks like the wait continues.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

dlague

Nice storm coming through the Rockies. If I'm not mistaken this one has no name, but the storm coming behind it does so maybe the conga line is starting up. Hopefully NNE can cash in as well. Locally looks like the wait continues.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
Open Snow reported just that about two weeks ago. So you are spot on IMO. With jet stream set up as it is for now those will March from here to there, although could be more like mid Atlantic. The jet stream is starting to drop further south over the northeast.

ScottySkis

Anyone want to educate d guess if j should drive from Mountain sniw this afternoon to Wildcat to ski powder or will be rain their to I just a guess.

dlague

Anyone want to educate d guess if j should drive from Mountain sniw this afternoon to Wildcat to ski powder or will be rain their to I just a guess.

Well, if it snows it will not be the kind of powder we dream of, rather more like wet cement. That being said it is looking pretty wet over the next few days in the Northeast, which is a bummer since the same systems brought snow out west. Warmish end to November it seems into the first couple day s on December before temps get favorable again. Looks like snow around Dec 5-6?

Cold is a loft out west from NM to WA. It is producing 3-7 inches snow daily for the next couple days with Loveland getting 10 inches in the past 24 with more to come. Another systems is going to deliver this weekend. Hope this pattern moves into New England!

mriceyman

Well, if it snows it will not be the kind of powder we dream of, rather more like wet cement. That being said it is looking pretty wet over the next few days in the Northeast, which is a bummer since the same systems brought snow out west. Warmish end to November it seems into the first couple day s on December before temps get favorable again. Looks like snow around Dec 5-6?

Cold is a loft out west from NM to WA. It is producing 3-7 inches snow daily for the next couple days with Loveland getting 10 inches in the past 24 with more to come. Another systems is going to deliver this weekend. Hope this pattern moves into New England!

Once these next few days pass we should be good for awhile

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

bdfreetuna

IDK if anyone here follows "Rebecca's Northeast weather and education page" on Facebook, but things look encouraging after today for a while.

Month of December looking cold with above average precip.

dlague

Looks like cold air is on its way in two phases around Dec 4th at higher elevation and points north in New England then around Dec 12th for all of New England. Not seeing much snow accumulation over the next couple of weeks.

skibumski

There's going to be some precipitation, and there's going to be some cold over the next couple of weeks. We just need them to happen at the same time to get some solid base building in time for some robust holiday and January skiing. Signals looking a little mixed but there's definitely still some potential there...

4aprice

Slow start again this year...whatever happened to the days when you had your pick of WRODs by this time?

Were they really that numerous Hammer? I admit I'm a little picky about the WROD and don't really live in ski country, but I think I could count on one hand the amount of seasons I have skied before Thanksgiving and this will be my 50th season on skis Seems like its always mid December before the season really starts. My father attended Dartmouth in the 1940's, (WWII) and he told me they never were able to ski before Christmas Break. With the cold coming next week its looking like the law of averages wins and it will play out that way again.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Were they really that numerous Hammer? I admit I'm a little picky about the WROD and don't really live in ski country, but I think I could count on one hand the amount of seasons I have skied before Thanksgiving and this will be my 50th season on skis Seems like its always mid December before the season really starts. My father attended Dartmouth in the 1940's, (WWII) and he told me they never were able to ski before Christmas Break. With the cold coming next week its looking like the law of averages wins and it will play out that way again.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

With respect to your Dad living before snowmaking was prevalent it was a difficult thing to ski before the Saturnalian festivities. However, in the last 50 years snowmaking has made the possibility of skiing by - if not before - turkey day almost a foregone conclusion. I grew if in central CT and we almost always went skiing Thanksgiving weekend. (please don't ask me for dates) Since moving to NH 10 years ago I've been skiing in Nov at least 5 times. Mostly at Cannon - once at Wildcat and once even at Ragged. Killington opens sometime in November ever since I can remember. So yeah they really are that numerous.