Good New England Bump Runs - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dlague View Post
    Every time I was on FIS it was not bumped. You are talking ME side right? Then again I only skied Sugarbush during Ride and Ski weekend late season when ME was closed. I only listed the trails that I remembered. I skied Steins on May 1st on a free day and the bumps were beautiful large corn snow bumps.
    Sugarbush used to groom FIS much more often. The past several years they rarely ever groom it. 2 or 3 years ago I think the only time they groomed it was right before the final weekend of the season! This year I can't recall seeing it on the grooming list once yet.

Stein's mid-season sees the groomer every couple weeks or so it seems. In the spring it can be a lot of fun if it warms up enough. Sometimes it takes that trail a while to soften up. Back to your original list, Ripcord is groomed pretty regularly most of the time (usually at least twice a week). In the spring they sometimes leave it alone more and let it bump up. Organgrinder they do usually let bump up a bit (years ago it seemed this practice was reversed where OG would see the groomer often and Ripcord would be left alone more).

Sugarloaf has got to be one of the better bump Mtns with dedicated (for the most part) bump trails with a decent pitch in (listed in order of preference): Bubblecuffer, Winters Way, Misery Whip, Rip Saw, Skidder, Double Bitter.

Some other favorites from places I frequent....
    Sunday River: Ruby Palace, & Caramba
    Stowe: Starr, Goat, Chin Clip

My favorite topic! Spend all my time at Sunday River. Besides the obvious and popular - agony (ickiest bumps), caramba, ruby palace - the Locke Mt natural trails are awesome - upper cut, Locke line, tightwire, crossbow. Looks like all of upper spruce will be bumpy this winter . There are some trails that can be great if not groomed: top gun (amazing 2-3weeks ago, flattened since), shockwave. Oh, one of my faves for lapping end of day hero bumps - 3D to Absolutely.

And all of MRG

Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    Love Chin clip - not you normal straight wide bump run. it is a classic NE trail twisty with bumps and no way to escape.
    That description reminded me of Lower Antelope at Mad River Glen. Also a great trail. Never-ending moguls and no escape.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

speak about yourself in third person = weird
    Smellytele = shitty math

Sent from my SM-N910V using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by MadMadWorld View Post

Madmadworld saw a few examples that folks have said like runs at Mount Ellen, Centerline/Chin Clip at Stowe, and Chute at MRG are some of Madmadworld's favorites.

Sent from my SM-N910V using AlpineZone mobile app
    😀

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

speak about yourself in third person = weird

Jimmy likes bumps!

Sent from my R1 HD using AlpineZone mobile app
    Last edited by Cornhead; Jan 19, 2017 at 6:47 AM.
    Leave no turn unstoned!

Any natural trail!

Jay Peak pomo line.. blue square narrow bump run
    Powerline at Killington is similar
    2017/2018: Baby Julia born 12/3/2017!
    [Bolton Valley: 2/19] [Bromley: 2/7] [Jay Peak: 4/11, 4/12] [Killington: 12/15, 1/10, 3/15*, 3/24] [Mad River Glen: 2/14, 3/9*] [Magic: 3/8***, 3/23] [Mount Snow: 11/27, 12/22*, 4/19] [Pico: 2/9] [Stowe: 2/15] [Sugarbush: 4/22]

2016/2017: * = powder day
    [Berkshire East: 1/16, 2/10] [Bolton Valley: 1/1, 2/5*, 2/19] [Burke: 12/17*, 1/28*] [Heavenly: 3/5*, 3/11] [Jay Peak: 1/29*, 4/9] [Jiminy Peak: 11/26] [Killington: 12/4, 12/10, 4/8*, 4/15] [Kirkwood: 3/8] [Mad River Glen: 2/25] [Magic: 2/13*] [Mt Rose: 3/7*] [Mount Snow: 4/3] [Northstar: 3/10] [Okemo: 11/23] [Pico: 1/7*, 2/18, 3/19] [Smuggler’s Notch: 1/22] [Stratton: 2/4] [Stowe: 1/21] [Sugarbush: 1/2] [Telluride: 3/27, 3/28*] [Whiteface: 2/12]

Powerline at Burke too.
    form is a 4 letter word

Thread Information