• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2-17-07 Shawnee Peak

Terry

It was my first day back on skis after almost 3 weeks with a back injury. I thought that I had better take it easy for a while so no fresh powder. The conditions were unbelievable. They dropped the ropes on everything yesterday. 100% open and good coverage everywhere. My wife and I were on the 3rd chair on the Sunny Side triple and hit up every trail that was groomed on that side. It was heavenly. Silent runs, you couldn't here your skis in the snow. I did ok on the groomed so got a little braver and tried a couple of bump runs. Tline was awesome. Nice buttery soft moguls and wind drifts all the way down it. Had to run that a couple of times! We skied about everything other than the beginner area and I even braved the glades once but I didn't want to overdo it! Just a pefect day- sunny, warm, and no wind. I am a bit stiff this morning but not so bad that I am staying home. I am getting geared up to go to Attitash in a couple of hours! Feels great to be back out there and the snow came with perfect timing!!!

Last edited:

salsgang

We skied Shawnee at night. We arrived at 3:30, geared up, bought our $20 night lift ticket and proceeded to get 6 hours (4-10pm) of great skiing in. I agree - conditions were Excellent! We took advantage of the 4 OClock groom at got first runs on Pine Slope. All the lighted trials had excellent snow coverage on it. Jack Spratt, which has been slick all year, was covered and very nice to ski. All the shoots and side trails off Pine Slope were bumpy and fun with the kids. It was a perfect evening temp wise as well. In the 20's and very little wind. :D