Season Pass Advice - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have driven past Cannon multiple times........I will put it in my to ski plans next year, I am East of Wormtown and that isn't a bad drive.

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Depending on your location in Mass, I'd probably look at a Cannon pass given your love of Magic. IMO if you like trees, old school terrain and a laid back Vibe, Cannon is the best day trip bet if you reside east of Worcester. And with their massive investment in snowmaking in recent years, it's a much improved option when mother nature doesn't deliver.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Ski it like you stole it!

Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    With their improved and repaired snow making and the snow making pond enlargement this may not be the truth going forward. Even the green chair will help as they can concentrate on a smaller area to open earlier.

That was my take too. My only complaint was the days Black was struggling and or Red only on busy days. Other than that it is my kind of place!

Quote Originally Posted by kelly001 View Post
    Peak pass is great for our family in MA as it provides a very extended season. With Mt Snow being an earlier opener and Wildcat a late closer, you get 5 1/2-6 month pass.
    For us Crotched is an 80 minute drive so pretty convenient for weekend day trips and there are no blackouts with any Peak Pass at Crotched. If you like Magic, I’d imagine you’ll like Wildcat’s terrain a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Wildcat has been on my list to explore.....

Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    With their improved and repaired snow making and the snow making pond enlargement this may not be the truth going forward. Even the green chair will help as they can concentrate on a smaller area to open earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by MG Skier View Post
    That was my take too. My only complaint was the days Black was struggling and or Red only on busy days. Other than that it is my kind of place!
    Some of my best days ever @ Magic are the non-powder days. Deep powder brings the hordes.

Quote Originally Posted by MG Skier View Post
    Good Morning AZers:

I am considering a season pass for next season. (I have never had one.) What are the pros and cons.

I am currently only skiing 12 days a year, I want to do more like 20+, but lift tix, accommodation, and travel are factors.

As a Massachusetts resident, I have a 2.5 hour drive to get to terrain that I enjoy. Magic is my new 3 hour drive favorite, but I am also very keen on Jay Peak, however it is only worth the drive if I can do 2 or more days of skiing.

So I guess the question is what is the mathematical formula or thought to pulling the trigger on a season pass?

Currently, I am buying several deals at the ski show and then using liftopia/mountain website, this is also helpful in chasing better conditions.

I am considering the Magic Blackout Pass......

Thoughts besides relocating closer to ski country or buying a ski house?

Thanks!
    It's not about a mathematical formula, it's about instinct. And your 1st instinct is spot on.

Magic will just keep getting better...Trust me

Quote Originally Posted by JamaicaMan View Post
    It's not about a mathematical formula, it's about instinct. And your 1st instinct is spot on.

Magic will just keep getting better...Trust me
    I am still leaning towards the blackout pass.......just wish I lived a little closer.....YES you guys are and will continue to develop,!I have enjoyed your journey and hope to make a work party this fall! Several folks mentioned it this season while riding the Red Chair. Please continue posting Green Chair progress, I'm a sucker for Lift Construction photos.

Lift contractor already working on sheave trains in their shop and will be heading to Magic mid-May for finishing the install.

Thanks for the early volunteer on the fall work days! See you then

Lots of good advice here on various options. You could supplement a blackout pass with a few day tickets to NH places. Cannon and Wildcat are great, and the southern tier of NH hills would be closer for the odd day trip here or there.

Having a pass will tend to increase your ski days. When you've already paid for it, your mental math changes. When conditions look iffy, rather than wondering if tomorrow will be worth paying $70 (or whatever), you'll wonder whether it's worth the time to go and likely to be fun. Sometimes the iffy-looking days turn out to be really good. If it turns out to be a so-so groomer day, oh well, at least it didn't cost you $70.

Trigger Pulled for Magic!

The new lift news pushed me over the edge!!!
    Looking forward to increasing my ski days, and exploring more of Magic!

Thread Information