• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Shawnee Peak 2-24-07

Terry

Shawnee Peak 2-24-07

Packed powder conditions. Cold and windy early and then warming up and the wind died down.

My wife and I got there about 9:00am. It was cold so I decided to do a much needed dump run early and let it warm up a bit. When we got there, the place was empty. We got ready and made a warmup run down Upper Appalacian to Tycoon to Lower app. Nice groomed packed powder. We made about 3 more runs on the East side and decided to take a hot chocolate break. After that we went back to the top and the wind had died down some. We tried Upper and lower Haggets- all moguls. It was good snow and a lot of fun. There were a few rocks but not bad. On the next run I convinced my wife to try the glades! She did well and said that it was fun.Well we spent the rest of the day hitting every open trail- groomed or not. We stayed until 330 and skied right through lunch! It was a great breakthrough day for us and nice to get my wife off the groomers for once! This morning we are off to Sunday River in a couple of hours.