• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Which season...

Which season is your favorite for hiking?

• Spring

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Summer

• Fall

• Winter

• Any!

• Total voters

Mike P.

Which Season

All have joys which make them worthwhile. Summer allows long hours of daylight & ability to pack lighter & enjoy dipping feet into cool streams.

Spring has some snow in places, none in other places in NE, early on it's pretty quiet as Winter folks are not peakbagging & non-winter types don't think season has started.

Winter is quiet, pristine (snowy in most areas) & sky can be cobalt blue with no haze or angry with clouds coming in. Get to play with more gear

Fall offers foliage (actually I like going after since I'm looking at trail & feet, color seen while I'm walking over it) cooler temps, less humidity after summer & after Columbus Day in many areas three season hikers call it quits & winter pakbaggers do just a couple of warm up trips getting ready for winter. Sky also at times resembles winter descriptions above & angry weather on a 40 degree day not quite as dangerous (still need to think) as it is when it's 10 degrees.