• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Any insider tips?

ArthurSimon

I'm planning a skiing/snowboarding trip to New England or the Northeast! What are your top recommendations for the best slopes, hidden gems, or favorite resorts in the region? Any insider tips on where to find the freshest powder or the coziest après-ski spots?

urungus

When are you planning on going ? Conditions in the northeast are deteriorating quickly.
What is your skill level ?
What is your favorite place to ski, why do you like it, what are your favorite trails there ?

crank

We are not trying to be snarky...well maybe we are... but our eastern season has kinda gone to shyte so we're just depressed and disappointed more than anything.

Nowhere in the northeast is any good right now . Rain and warm temps for the rest of this week. Maybe some snow next week but it will not be enough. Conditions to stay home for.

Last edited:

2Planker

Cat & Tash are already letting people go....
Vail will close them both earlier than ever before

jimmywilson69

I'm curious whether this is even real poster or an AI Bot, Sorry if you are a real person looking for info. If you are, please peel past the sarcasm and you will definitely find a good bunch of people who know a lot about Northeast skiing. If you are a BOT go to hell LOL

MidnightJester

I'm planning a skiing/snowboarding trip to New England or the Northeast! What are your top recommendations for the best slopes, hidden gems, or favorite resorts in the region? Any insider tips on where to find the freshest powder or the coziest après-ski spots?

I'm curious whether this is even real poster or an AI Bot, Sorry if you are a real person looking for info. If you are, please peel past the sarcasm and you will definitely find a good bunch of people who know a lot about Northeast skiing. If you are a BOT go to hell LOL
Not a bot. I Don't think lol but a Lurking member that is in desperate need of SNOW.
Go more North and Find Sunshine or pick the day it SNOW's.

djd66

My money is on BOT

SkiingInABlueDream

It reads extremely bot'ey to me. Actually it feels like a paragraph from SKI magazine circa 1990s. Which, I think would be plausible source content for a bot posting here. But as others have said, if it actually is a real person, I do apologize.

Domeskier

ArthurSimon is just an eager young graduate of the local business college with an MBA and a work-hard, play-hard attitude who is ready to leap off the pages of the HR recruiting pamphlet and climb straight to the top of your corporate ladder.

Abominable

We get this type of post here occasionally. What's the game? There's no link or anything. What would such a "bot" be trying to achieve? Who created it and why? I am computer illiterate, so perhaps it's trivial to create something that can create a profile (with a picture), go through the validation process, and post a fairly well written, coherent and punctuated post to generate responses, but to what end?

Here's another one https://forums.alpinezone.com/threads/are-there-any-particular-trails-that-should-be-avoided.144371/ - not poorly written, just sort of random and out of place (asking about skiing Okemo in the middle of August).

I'm just over here trying to get my Vlookup to run correctly. I also don't get the cow joke.

And if a real person... uh... sorry dude.

abc

Go to ChatGpt and ask it to get some info on northeast skiing.

It wouldn’t surprise me that it (chatGpt) would go ahead and register itself on here and post that question! 🤣

cdskier

We get this type of post here occasionally. What's the game? There's no link or anything. What would such a "bot" be trying to achieve? Who created it and why? I am computer illiterate, so perhaps it's trivial to create something that can create a profile (with a picture), go through the validation process, and post a fairly well written, coherent and punctuated post to generate responses, but to what end?

Here's another one https://forums.alpinezone.com/threads/are-there-any-particular-trails-that-should-be-avoided.144371/ - not poorly written, just sort of random and out of place (asking about skiing Okemo in the middle of August).

I'm just over here trying to get my Vlookup to run correctly. I also don't get the cow joke.

And if a real person... uh... sorry dude.

I've always wondered this too (and I work in IT and still can't figure out the end game with some of the bots). I've seen some that seem to start a conversation and then later on either make a follow-up post (in the same thread or even a different one) that includes links after they think they've built up some good-will and trust. I've also seen some bots come back and edit their own posts to add a link. But then there are others (like the Okemo one you posted) that seem to just post and never return. Maybe they're data mining? Maybe it is a test just to see how people respond to the posts?

In other news...I used my first Xlookup today instead of a Vlookup!

Domeskier

What's really fascinating is that it joined on February 20 but didn't post anything until yesterday. I guess it needed to review the archives first.