• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nippo Golf Course (Barrington, NH) 12/16/07

ckofer

Website
www.skicheapordie.com
Date(s) Skied: 12/16/07

Resort or Ski Area: Nippo Golf Course, Barrington NH

Conditions: 8-15" Powder (depending on drifts)

Trip Report:

I couldn't stand to miss a powder day but didn't believe that I'd actually make it to a ski resort so my gymnastically-inclined 12 yr old daughter and I decided to go snowboarding at the local golf course.

Crowds were non-existant other than a family of four sledding. No lift lines! :p But then no lifts. :sad:

We went skiing plenty last year but I haven't been on my board for a few seasons (primarily due to buying a pair of Atomic Metrons).

We stayed on the driving range for our 5 runs. Though not quite steep enough to keep the boards out of the powder for the whole run, the climb back was a great quad builder. Untracked powder was easy to find and the wind was blowing over our tracks. It stayed fairly cold and snowed the whole time though the snow seemed crystalline-not quite sleet.

Total round-trip drive: 6 miles
No lift ticket expense.
Quality time with the kid.
Home for dinner.
27,000 calories burned and post-event athletic burn/glow.
Caught the end of the Patriots game.
Good deal.

nippo121607.jpg