Tree runs at Stowe - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GrilledSteezeSandwich View Post
    I thought the Bruce trail ends at the Stowe cross country center...anway you can get Apres ski drinks and food at the Matterhorn after skiing the Bruce
    Absolutly correct! My bad. It was a late night posting and my brain fogged up somewhere on the Teardrop.

And you should definatly park a car at the Matterhorn for apre drinks at the end of the day. Don't worry about the turns, just follow the fall line and go striaght.

Ski220, thanks for the warming, err, warning on the temps. Sat would seem to be the better of the two days for the trees.

Quote Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
    What's the kitchen wall?
    If you traverse skiers right above Cliff Trail from the Gondola it leads you to the kitchen sink which is below very steep cliffs..The Kitchen Wall is above that..I didn't tell you this but the snow is often really deep in there.

And the run out is extremely flat. Not a snowboard friendly area.
    If it ain't Poe, I don't go.

yep, it does dump you out in the mt. mansfield touring center.

of the gladess "on the map" (i.e., between trails) can you rate the difficulty, relative to each other?
    Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

Nose dive glades are easy. Tres is easy down low, jump in higheer up and there are some steep ledges to navigate. Other then that, a good rule is that the woods you will ski have the same pitch and character as the trails they are between. So woods off of sunrise above the chapel are easy, woods off of goat are not.
    If it ain't Poe, I don't go.

This thread is relevant to my interests.

Huh?
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Thread Information