• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Goggles that are compatible with the Giro G10

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
How would an extender work? There's no clips or anything on the strap.

Oops, forgot about that. Lots of great goggles out there. Make sure your getting one with dual lens and spherical shaped. All of the top models have those two things.

Here's a suggestion......take your helmet into a ski shop and check out their goggles to find the one you like and fits well. With a "thanks for your time, I'll think about it" go back home and order them online.

bvibert

Staff member
Oops, forgot about that. Lots of great goggles out there. Make sure your getting one with dual lens and spherical shaped. All of the top models have those two things.

Here's a suggestion......take your helmet into a ski shop and check out their goggles to find the one you like and fits well. With a "thanks for your time, I'll think about it" go back home and order them online.

I generally don't like wasting a shop's time if I'm just going to order online anyway. I actually found that my existing Smith goggles fit pretty well, so I might just stick with them for now (and live with a small scratch that I hardly notice while wearing them). I didn't think they would fit too well based on this thread, but Greg must have had a different model of Smith's, or something.

My wife is going to head to TJ Maxx tomorrow and see if they have any of the Giro roots left, so that might be an option too.

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
I generally don't like wasting a shop's time if I'm just going to order online anyway. I actually found that my existing Smith goggles fit pretty well, so I might just stick with them for now (and live with a small scratch that I hardly notice while wearing them). I didn't think they would fit too well based on this thread, but Greg must have had a different model of Smith's, or something.

My wife is going to head to TJ Maxx tomorrow and see if they have any of the Giro roots left, so that might be an option too.

That's cool although it wouldn't be a problem in our shop. Building good will with our guests, whether they buy or not, is important to us. Down the road it usually pays dividends by producing positive word of mouth marketing. What about getting a replacement lens for the Smith's. Check out www.prolens.com

Last edited:

bvibert

Staff member
That's cool although it wouldn't be a problem in our shop. Building good will with our guests, whether they buy or not, is important to us. Down the road it usually pays dividends by producing positive word of mouth marketing. What about getting a replacement lens for the Smith's. Check out www.prolens.com

That's a possibility too, thanks for the link.

Phillycore

I still like my wisdoms.... They fit over my glasses really well, and have no gaper gap at the helmet (giro 9)
Also the newer rubber ends on the straps work so much better than those crappy plastic ones that used to make them work like crap with a helmet...

I've yet to try the crowbars which I know fit the helmet's better with the outriggers, but fitment with my glasses is another issue...

Doesn't help you much though....lol

bvibert

Staff member
I'm gonna get rid of the crowbars, anyone want to buy a pair? My wife just picked up some Giro roots at TJ Maxx for cheap. :cool:

o3jeff

I'm gonna get rid of the crowbars, anyone want to buy a pair? My wife just picked up some Giro roots at TJ Maxx for cheap. :cool:

I see you got her priorities straight. I am planning on hitting them up after work to see what they have for something for night skiing/low light.

bvibert

Staff member
I see you got her priorities straight. I am planning on hitting them up after work to see what they have for something for night skiing/low light.

She found some at the Torrington store with the gold boost lens, that's supposed to be for heavy cloud/low light conditions. The only thing they list as being better for low light is clear lenses.

o3jeff

I was just looking at the lenses on Giros website and saw that about the gold boost. I think I go by no less than 3 TJ Maxx on my way home so my chances are pretty good that I might find something.

bvibert

Staff member
Is she going straight home to try them on the helmet? Let me know how they fit.

That hadn't been discussed, but she may be talked into it... I think she had a few more errands to run before going home.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Is she going straight home to try them on the helmet? Let me know how they fit.
You guys are a riot! :D

I tried them on but to be honest, it's difficult to give an opinion since Brian's helmet is pretty big on my head. That said, it seems like they should work well together. I had a bit of a gap, but again, his helmet is too big for me so I was doing my best. The strap on the Root is definitely long enough to be worn comfortably with the G10. If you decide you don't like how they fit, you can always return them-especially since you have so many TJMaxxes at your disposal. ;)

Funny how differently the G10 fits... I have a Giro Fuse in medium that fits me well, but Brian's medium G10 is huge on me.

Greg

Staff member
You guys are a riot! :D

I tried them on but to be honest, it's difficult to give an opinion since Brian's helmet is pretty big on my head. That said, it seems like they should work well together. I had a bit of a gap, but again, his helmet is too big for me so I was doing my best. The strap on the Root is definitely long enough to be worn comfortably with the G10. If you decide you don't like how they fit, you can always return them-especially since you have so many TJMaxxes at your disposal. ;)

Funny how differently the G10 fits... I have a Giro Fuse in medium that fits me well, but Brian's medium G10 is huge on me.

Please post pics. Goggle stoke.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Giro Root goggles with my Giro Fuse:
goggles1.jpg

Giro Root goggles with the G10:
goggles2.jpg
goggles3.jpg

Didn't notice the gap with the G10 until I used the flash... but that could just be because the helmet is too big for me. Seems to fit well with the Fuse, though.

Greg

Staff member
Sweet Gaper gap! :razz: Brian is going to look radical. I think the visor will make him ski faster too.