• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cuff alignment

gittist

I took my Tecnica Ten2 HVL 100 ski boots to the shop where I bought them to have the cuff alignment checked after my wife and I messed with the adjustments.

We followed the internet instructions of putting my foot beds into the shells without the liners and eyeballing that my legs were in the middle of the cuffs.

The ski shop owner used a Tecnica ‘jig’ with a laser and after it was all said and done he said that my wife was pretty darn close with one boot and a little off on the other.

What’s got me scratching my head is that he had me put the foot beds back in the liners and the liners into the boots. Has anyone else seen or experienced this?

newportland54

North-Central Maine (Hang my hat in Bangor)
Sure.......a couple terrific bootfitters/Pedorthists that I went to through the years...got me aligned, totally...and cuff alignment plays its part. My god skiing suddenly became so much easier and infinitely more FUN. HA....sorry about my absence & lateness....:rolleyes:.

steve