• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mass market gas price hysteria- $12 a gallon gas

ctenidae

. People are still too lazy and/or don't have the facilities to burn wood. It's a method of heating that will always be behind the no labor types (fossil fuels, solar, heat pumps/geothermal) and even low labor forms (wood pellets, corn pellets, other biomass).

Renewable, sure, but still pretty dang hard on the environment. Carbon neutral, perhaps, but hell on particulates and NOX

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Renewable, sure, but still pretty dang hard on the environment. Carbon neutral, perhaps, but hell on particulates and NOX

New EPA woodstoves and the new wood boilers (Tarm, Eko, Econoburn, Woodgun, etc) are extremely efficient and clean burning. Assuming one burns clean and well seasoned wood, as I intend to do. It's the idiots with the outside wood boilers that burn green wood, pressure treated wood, tires, telephone poles, etc. that do the damage.

A correctly fired high efficiency boiler will produce no visible smoke and ~85% CO2 and H20.

ctenidae

Can someone explain "Bump for stoke" for me? Or the shortened version, "Bump"? Bumps in the 70's and 80's were snorted. What's the new definition?

Same definition, really. "Bumping" moves an old thread back to the top of the lists, giving the post whore a momentary rush. The problem is, the more you do it, the more you like it, and the more you have to do it.

Kind of like bumps in the 80's, and bumps on the slopes. Just ask Greg.

Moe Ghoul

Same definition, really. "Bumping" moves an old thread back to the top of the lists, giving the post whore a momentary rush. The problem is, the more you do it, the more you like it, and the more you have to do it.

Kind of like bumps in the 80's, and bumps on the slopes. Just ask Greg.

That really is a postwhore move, lol. Thanks.

drjeff

Also, "ttt" (to the top) is an acceptable alternative.

Maybe we should just call a spade a spade and just substitute "bump" and "ttt" under the title of GSS'ing which is symbolic with post whoring ;) ;)

Moe Ghoul

So much for "King Dollar" and the much touted dollar rally and the bullshit, lying, painted-into-a-corner politicized Fed Reserve's hawkish rate hike talk and the ruling party for the past 8+ years and.......yeah, it's going to start sucking a lot worse. Just watch. 150/bbl will be here in 2 weeks or less.

ctenidae

So much for "King Dollar" and the much touted dollar rally and the bullshit, lying, painted-into-a-corner politicized Fed Reserve's hawkish rate hike talk and the ruling party for the past 8+ years and.......yeah, it's going to start sucking a lot worse. Just watch. 150/bbl will be here in 2 weeks or less.

Just wait until we bomb Iran, too.

Time to check gasbuddy.com

Still some sub-$4 a gallon gas in the GSS hood...but I saw $4.19 and $4.29 down in Philly yesterday..so I have a feeling it will be up to those numbers here soon...I better top off again today..

ctenidae

My guess is October. A few more "False Flag" incidents and bombs away once Petraeus takes the reigns at CENTCOM in August.

I've been trying to decide when it's going to be. October might be a good bet, but I think September may be more likely. The RNC is Sept 1-4, so later that week is my bet.

wa-loaf

I've been trying to decide when it's going to be. October might be a good bet, but I think September may be more likely. The RNC is Sept 1-4, so later that week is my bet.

No, It'll be November. They'll want to wait to see who wins. Obama and they'll do it so he doesn't have a choice but to deal it. McCain and they may wait until he takes office. Either way Israel will do the dirty work for us.