• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

gas prices this summer yikes

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Thanks for all the ideas.

I checked on the Subarus, and they average low 20s for the city and high 20s for the highway. Not bad at all. I don't think there's a "silver bullet," unfortunately. Wish we had access to the latest European diesels (at the right price).

Regarding luggage capacity vs. cargo capacity, I think it's a question of maximum amount of space with the seats up (luggage capacity) vs. maximum space with all but the two front seats down (cargo capacity). Could be wrong, though.

The numbers I reported were interior volume from the rear seats (in the passenger carrying position) backwards.

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
You know, this proxy season will be interesting- a lot of companies are getting proxies that allow for a vote of shareholders to approve executive compensation. Most are non-binding votes right now, but the winds, they are a changing.

I agree, years ago the BOD's felt they were insulated from the opinions of the common single investors. That is changing and the smart ones are figuring out that ignoring these folks is not good for the bottom line.

I'm feeling so empowered that I might actually vote when I get the proxies in the mail. :wink:

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I agree, years ago the BOD's felt they were insulated from the opinions of the common single investors. That is changing and the smart ones are figuring out that ignoring these folks is not good for the bottom line.

I'm feeling so empowered that I might actually vote when I get the proxies in the mail. :wink:

I have no opinion one way or the other on shareholders voting for compensation either.

I dislike when people who have no stake in the company (and usually know very little about the industry or management in general) making moral judgements about what a particular employee is paid.

ctenidae

I have no opinion one way or the other on shareholders voting for compensation either.

I dislike when people who have no stake in the company (and usually know very little about the industry or management in general) making moral judgements about what a particular employee is paid.

Fortunately, the only people with enough clout to pass a proxy have huge stakes in teh company.