• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mass market gas price hysteria- $12 a gallon gas

Moe Ghoul

options expiration and technical sell off. If it holds 129, up we go. Based on the dollar action tonite so far, I'm betting a flat day in oil tomorrow, and a resumption up next week. I put my chips on black.

ctenidae

options expiration and technical sell off. If it holds 129, up we go. Based on the dollar action tonite so far, I'm betting a flat day in oil tomorrow, and a resumption up next week. I put my chips on black.

I don't know. Britney Spears is due for a ruling on her custody case soon, "So You Think You Can Dance" is about to lose the first member of the top ten, and the guy with huge biceps one HoH on Big Brother. Anything could happen.

Moe Ghoul

I don't know. Britney Spears is due for a ruling on her custody case soon, "So You Think You Can Dance" is about to lose the first member of the top ten, and the guy with huge biceps one HoH on Big Brother. Anything could happen.

True dat. That's called a traders edge. Think I heard that on FAUX biz channel today, lol. Or maybe it was Pisani on CNBC, collective cluelessness is rampant. Lotsa bottom calling the past 2 days.

ctenidae

True dat. That's called a traders edge. Think I heard that on FAUX biz channel today, lol. Or maybe it was Pisani on CNBC, collective cluelessness is rampant. Lotsa bottom calling the past 2 days.

You see what the oil drop is doiong to Apache, Anadarko, and Chesapeake? Getting beat up like we won't be needing natural gas next year. Fools. Great buying opportunitiy, though.

Moe Ghoul

You see what the oil drop is doiong to Apache, Anadarko, and Chesapeake? Getting beat up like we won't be needing natural gas next year. Fools. Great buying opportunitiy, though.

Looks like oil/gas is waiting for the next headline to take it up or down. Global recession fears= lower prices. Weather, inventories and geopolitics (the usual suspects ) =higher prices.

ctenidae

Looks like oil/gas is waiting for the next headline to take it up or down. Global recession fears= lower prices. Weather, inventories and geopolitics (the usual suspects ) =higher prices.

Inventories and politics concern me a lot more than recession. With refineries running at 97% capacity globally, there's not much slack for diruptions of any kind.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Inventories and politics concern me a lot more than recession. With refineries running at 97% capacity globally, there's not much slack for diruptions of any kind.

about the only thing I would support in terms of Federal hand outs to oil companies is for new refinery development.

ctenidae

about the only thing I would support in terms of Federal hand outs to oil companies is for new refinery development.

Over the past 25 years, 1 premit for a new refinery has been submitted. The economics are brutal- margins are on the order of 5-10 cents per gallon, demand and suplpy are volatile, lots of problems.

Trouble is, new refineries would help, if there were extra crude to run through them, and there's not.

bigbog

Mass Market!..??...

So what are the true Conditions that are leading to higher, runaway prices eh'?? ..and who is controlling these conditions..?
Sure wish the mass media would take the plunge and do a little reporting...instead of chearleading..(personal)

Consider:
1) Big oil person becomes President. (Candidate is not questioned by Mass Media on issues prior to election, cleanly?? won)
2) President's country makes new enemies via President's policies/threats/control-of-mass-media.
3) Enemies of US produce threats to oil supply(pipelines, shipping security...etc).
4) Threats to oil supply fuel speculation on Wall Street.
5) Speculation on WallStreet produces high, runaway prices.
Question #1 of the day:
*Will President/Washington attempt to destroy R&D Incentives towards development of alternative energy for various sectors of life for public?, thus making public prisoners to Big Oil's whims?
Question #2 of the day:
*Does the Administration want to decrease world tensions, thus bringing about lower risk to oil supply, thus lowering speculation on Wall Street?
Answer to #1 and #2:
Stay Tuned.... ???

>Over the past 25 years, 1 premit for a new refinery has been submitted. The economics are brutal- margins are on the order of 5-10 cents >per gallon, demand and suplpy are volatile, lots of problems.
Lots of greed! in energy..with noone to guard the chicken coop.
Total Capitalism.....Dubya' loves it!

Last edited:

ctenidae

Question of the day:
*Will President/Washington attempt to destroy R&D Incentives towards development of alternative energy for various sectors of life for public?, thus making public prisoners to Big Oil's whims?
Answer:
Stay Tuned....

We already are prisoners to oil, and Big Oil and Washington had little to do with that. Our captivity started around October 1, 1908, and in large part grew by our own choices.

Moe Ghoul

Single major reason for high commodity prices. Too much money being printed. Everyone's running around playing the blame game and the problem lies with Congress and the Fed, and a vetoless WH.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Station in town that was selling gas just the other day for $3.97 was $3.84 today. steezy......:grin:

ctenidae

Single major reason for high commodity prices. Too much money being printed. Everyone's running around playing the blame game and the problem lies with Congress and the Fed, and a vetoless WH.

Graphing oil prices in USD vs EUR yields some interesting info, especially if you overlay the FX rates.

Is there a way to post a non-hosted excel chart?

wa-loaf

Graphing oil prices in USD vs EUR yields some interesting info, especially if you overlay the FX rates.

Is there a way to post a non-hosted excel chart?

Just take a screenshot and post the image.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Station in town that was selling gas just the other day for $3.97 was $3.84 today. steezy......:grin:

down to $3.81 today :grin: these are the good ole days :lol:

I know some on here wish for prices to head north of $5 to quicken the switch to alternative fuels. Unfortunately right now, my wallet doesn't like that idea.