• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Severine! Here are your skis!

Trekchick

Tramdock right now
Dynastar Marie Martinod Pro model
$225
ONECOL.jpg

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Newer version, but yup! Them's my skis! :D Wanna know a secret? I got mine with Look NX 10 bindings on eBay last November for $199. :eek:

If anyone is interested in these, I believe the seller from which I made my purchase has some for sale on eBay currently. I did see one guy last season at Ski Sundown who was so proud that he had the same skis, he nudged his way up in line to get behind me and got my attention to show off his girl skis. ;) There was at least one other guy also on the Maries last year at Sundown.

Hawkshot99

I did see one guy last season at Ski Sundown who was so proud that he had the same skis, he nudged his way up in line to get behind me and got my attention to show off his girl skis. ;) There was at least one other guy also on the Maries last year at Sundown.

That doesnt say much for the cleintel of Sundown......:spin:

Never has anybody tried to get my attention about having the same skis. Except some dude who wanted to sell me some.....

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
To be fair, he was a teenager. And you don't see a lot of Maries around here. Still, it's technically a "women's" ski so I thought it was pretty funny when he went out of his way to show me that we matched. :lol:

bvibert

Staff member
I saw those clowns a few times. I resisted the urge to tell them they were skiing on woman's skis though. ;)

gmcunni

I saw those clowns a few times. I resisted the urge to tell them they were skiing on woman's skis though. ;)

i drove a girl's car for many years. At first i was oblivious to it but over time i realized every time i saw a car like mine there was a woman driving it. Eventually (and to some degree even today) it became a big joke with everyone who knew me, but i kept driving it anyway cuz i liked it :)

4th-gen-vw-golf-cabrio.jpg

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
i drove a girl's car for many years. At first i was oblivious to it but over time i realized every time i saw a car like mine there was a woman driving it. Eventually (and to some degree even today) it became a big joke with everyone who knew me, but i kept driving it anyway cuz i liked it :)

I had those. 86 Cabriolet was maroon. 97 Cabrio was white. Nice little cars. ;)

bvibert

Staff member

I always liked driving my wife's. Cool cars, but very much a chick car.

madskier6

My family's '81 Rabbit Convertible (predecessor to the Cabriolet) was red. I always enjoyed driving & riding in that car. It was only later that it became a chick car.