• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Doing anything cool for the long weekend.

Stephen

Website
www.dunhom.com
Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Sitting on my fat behind sipping some suds and doing nothing.

Well, on Saturday anyways. The rest of the weekend my fat butt will be doing housework.

-Stephen

madman

Thinking of walking up to tuckermans. I have never been there and never had the desire to ski it. Now that im older the bug has bit, want to check distances and shelters because I intend to ski it next year.

smitty77

Website
hotmix77.tripod.com
I would love to do something hiking related (Monadnock, Wachusett, Mt. Grace, or maybe even a trip to Lonesome Lake in Franconia Notch), but it all depends on what the rest of the family feels like doing.

The lawn doesn't need mowing, the deck is too wet to stain, and I cleaned out the dog kennel last night. Looks like it might actually be a relaxing weekend.

Also looks like I might be able to slide out of work early today. Coupled with the sunshine, it looks like it's going to be a great day.

Everyone enjoy their weekend! :beer:
Smitty

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
Backpacking a little over 20 miles of the AT in Maine, including Sugarloaf. It will be a little weird to have to hike up it having enjoyed the lifts this past winter... :)

TenPeaks

I wanted to go hiking this weekend, but my wife's schedule changed and now she has to work. If I went hiking without her I might as well jump off the top of the mountain when I get there. It would probably be less painful. Looks like I'll be catching up on house work instead, which includes installing the air conditioner. Gotta keep a positive attitude that it will be warm and sunny someday.

The only thing planned is a BBQ at a friends house. They have a keg of Woodstock Inn Pig's Ear brown ale left over from a party that needs to be emptied. I guess I'll have to make the sacrifice of giving up some of my free time to help a friend in need. :)

I also hope to finally see the new Star Wars movie.

dmc

Going to sign my life away and finish the house buying process...
Maybe do some skiing on the strip of snow that Hunter still has..
Bonfire at a friends house Saturday night...
Sunday - maybe take the mountain bike out...
Monday - go to the parade in town.. Wave flags.. Pray that the list of people we memorailize doesnt grow anymore...

dmc

Bob R said:
Congrats on the house. Very very cool.

Thanks... Cant wait to get in and start tearing crap apart!!! :eek:

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Bob R said:
ALLSKIING said:
If it warms up enough I will be water skiing. After that yard work and being a father.

Your(allskiing Name) suits your avatar of summer as well as winter. Enjoy Dave.
My first love is snow skiing but water skiing is alot of fun. The first few times changing from snow sliing to water skiing is not easy since water skiing is all about leaning back. :eek: After a summer of water skiing then putting on the snow skies I about kill myself on the first run.

Vortex

ALLSKIING said:
Bob R said:
ALLSKIING said:
If it warms up enough I will be water skiing. After that yard work and being a father.

Your(allskiing Name) suits your avatar of summer as well as winter. Enjoy Dave.
My first love is snow skiing but water skiing is alot of fun. The first few times changing from snow sliing to water skiing is not easy since water skiing is all about leaning back. :eek: After a summer of water skiing then putting on the snow skies I about kill myself on the first run.

Glad your getting out.

dmc

Bob R said:
Good... FYI, can't make the festival next weekend.. kids gymnastic meet, thankx for all you help though, forwared it to others. Enjoy.

Too bad... It's going to be a blast...
We're having a party on Friday with just about every musician I could scrape up for a big rock the house blues jam...

Counting the minutes!!!

hammer

Trying out my new lawn tractor if the grass dries out, and if the weather holds out, going out with the family for a bike ride down one of the local paved trails.

BBQ is not an option unless I can get out to buy a grill (any suggestions on a good but moderately priced propane gas grill would be appreciated).

Another congrats to dmc on the house and to thetrailboss on going the next step with his significant other... :)

dmc

thetrailboss said:
dmc said:
Going to sign my life away and finish the house buying process...

Might be signing my life away and looking at rings with Ms. Trailboss.... :roll:

I bought the ring in 2000... :)
Still waiting to get a chance to "seal the deal"...

Good luck - congrats! :beer: