• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Do snowboarders wreck moguls?

Greg

Staff member
:-o

Enjoy! :flame:

dmc

Snowboarders change the nature of the mogul... But it's also depends on the riding style..

This weekend on Claires - I was headed right into the bumps with some ice in front ---- nose first... And turning off the tops...
I appreciate a big bump that kinda diagonals the falline.. I can make a big surf turn on it... i like to jump from bump to bump sometimes...

there's a few guys i know that can zipper a line... But generally I find - most of us stay out of the "big boy" lines... Unless we're traversing or bailing...

tjf67

I have yet to see a boarder be able to zip down a bump line. It seems possible. I am sure as time goes on they will figure it out. For now most just kinda wish they were not in them

dmc

I have yet to see a boarder be able to zip down a bump line. It seems possible. I am sure as time goes on they will figure it out. For now most just kinda wish they were not in them

I have friends that have been doing it for over a decade... A couple on hard plate setups..

It's totally possible... But not a natural thing... Mostly involves throwing yourself down the faliine.. keeping the front foot in place and moving the back foot back a forth...

But - me being an ex-bumper... i just stay out of the zippers...

tjf67

I have friends that have been doing it for over a decade... A couple on hard plate setups..

It's totally possible... But not a natural thing... Mostly involves throwing yourself down the faliine.. keeping the front foot in place and moving the back foot back a forth...

But - me being an ex-bumper... i just stay out of the zippers...

Thats how I picture they have to do it in my head. I was watching fromt he lift and thinking it would be a great site seeing someone do it.

There are several zipperline snowboarders at Hunter. Really impressive.

hiroto

I wonder, if you leave a good mogul growing slope only for snowboarder for a whole day, not a single skier to go down it, what kind of mogul will develop?

dmc

I wonder, if you leave a good mogul growing slope only for snowboarder for a whole day, not a single skier to go down it, what kind of mogul will develop?

wider troughs...

2knees

i'm NOT flaming snowboarders or people who want to give bumps a shot but at sundown, the A number one reason the lines get messed up is because of the boarders.

tons of younger more fearless and less skilled boarders there. the skiers seem much more reluctant to go in and try temptor. not so much with the boarders and i've watched, in almost horror, as one snowboarder side slipping down can create utter havoc.

not saying this applies everywhere or anywhere else, but it certainly applies at sundown.

dmc

not saying this applies everywhere or anywhere else, but it certainly applies at sundown.

Also applies to halfpipes... Skiers tend to cut the edges....

But it's all part of sharing a moutnain..

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Also applies to halfpipes... Skiers tend to cut the edges....

But it's all part of sharing a moutnain..

Not this skier, since I don't have the balls to make it up to the edge of the halfpipe. I always thought that thing was a speed skiing course with big safety walls.

dmc

I always thought that thing was a speed skiing course with big safety walls.

nothing like barreling down a wall an finding 2 kids snowplowing straight down the middle on a half pipe... I almost killed a kid once like that... for real...

campgottagopee

:-o

Enjoy! :flame:

How can you wreck something that sux to begin with???:razz:

Seriously, I don't think they wreck them but just change them as others have said. We have 2 boarders in our crew that can kill it in da bumps. Fun to watch ifin you've never seen it.