• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Per Greg, meet DMo

dmo

Hey all,

Greg suggested I introduce myself, which certainly speaks to the feeling of community you have here. So here goes...

I'm a recently returned East Coaster, living in NYC. I work in advertising as a writer. Spent the last two years (up to about a month ago) in Utah. Take a guess as to why I was living there...

Don't work within the industry any longer, but have quite a bit of random experience within it including working with AZ member OzSkier for a season on Sunday River's marketing team. When I first moved to Utah, I did a stint in media relations/communications at Solitude Mountain Resort in Utah. Other relevant experience includes a couple different gigs with the Appalachian Mountain Club, and random ski sales and rental jobs between SLC and Massachusetts. Phew.

I've got myself a bronze all4one and will be spending plenty 'o weekends at Mt Snow and Killy and where ever else I can drive to from Brooklyn in a sane amount of time.

I've been poking around the last couple weeks and decided it was finally time to chip in. How's that for an introduction, Greg?

dmc

dmo said:
Hey all,

Greg suggested I introduce myself, which certainly speaks to the feeling of community you have here. So here goes...

I'm a recently returned East Coaster, living in NYC. I work in advertising as a writer. Spent the last two years (up to about a month ago) in Utah. Take a guess as to why I was living there...

Don't work within the industry any longer, but have quite a bit of random experience within it including working with AZ member OzSkier for a season on Sunday River's marketing team. When I first moved to Utah, I did a stint in media relations/communications at Solitude Mountain Resort in Utah. Other relevant experience includes a couple different gigs with the Appalachian Mountain Club, and random ski sales and rental jobs between SLC and Massachusetts. Phew.

I've got myself a bronze all4one and will be spending plenty 'o weekends at Mt Snow and Killy and where ever else I can drive to from Brooklyn in a sane amount of time.

I've been poking around the last couple weeks and decided it was finally time to chip in. How's that for an introduction, Greg?

DMo - Stop by Hunter this winter... I'll show you around...

Greg

Staff member
dmo said:
How's that for an introduction, Greg?
Welcome. Gonna move this over to Misc...

dmc

ctenidae said:
Uh-oh. dma and dmc, from New York, at Huntah. This could get ugly.

Welcome aboard, nonetheless!

....Damn straight....

NYC represent!!!

Tyrolean_skier

Dmo welcome to this forum. If you plan on visiting Killington, please post at www.killingtonzone.com and you can probably meet up with some people from the K-zone. We have a regular meeting that occurs on Saturdays and Sundays. Some us post here and there - AndyZee and Geoff among them. BobR and Loafer89 met some of us last spring and hopefully we will meet again on opening day. Also, a lot of us come from the NYC metropolitan area.

dmo

Man, such hospitality.

Thanks everyone for the welcome and invites. I just may take you up on them.

highpeaksdrifter

Tyrolean_skier said:
highpeaksdrifter said:
Tyrolean_skier said:
Also, a lot of us come from the NYC metropolitan area.

Really? That's surprising. :wink: :wink:

Not everyone can be as lucky as you and live near a ski area. :wink:

Now Try, I'm glad you know I was only kidding. I love you city folk. Actually I live 2 hours from Whiteface, but I stay there most weekends and every other chance I get in the winter.

dmc

highpeaksdrifter said:
Nice to meet you. I love Utah. I've seen you've been invited for a tour of Hunter. If you'd like to drive further north sometime I'd be happy to show you around Whiteface.

If that offer is good for me - I'll take it... Going to see the band moe. there in March...
Going to do a day a WF and a day in the bc hiking the slides... If there's enough snow...

highpeaksdrifter

dmc said:
highpeaksdrifter said:
Nice to meet you. I love Utah. I've seen you've been invited for a tour of Hunter. If you'd like to drive further north sometime I'd be happy to show you around Whiteface.

If that offer is good for me - I'll take it... Going to see the band moe. there in March...
Going to do a day a WF and a day in the bc hiking the slides... If there's enough snow...

Absolutely, March is Slides season. What weekend? Where is Moe playing? I like their snog Herion.