• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Holiday Weekend, what's your plans?

Tonight I'm having dinner at a Mexican restaurant with my buddy whose getting married in three weeks
Tomorrow..sleeping late..gonna hang out with my parents dog..BBQ with my Dad..
Sunday..hiking???
Monday..?????

I'm sure I'll drink a few beers and take a few safety breaks..it's important to be especially safe on a holiday weekend..

wa-loaf

SAT: dissasemble swingset at old house, move and reassemble at new house. Fix gate on fence.
SUN: Move all the garage and basement stuff to new house.
MON: Uninstall my fancy dishwasher in old house and bring to new house, install less fancy dishwasher in old house.

Maybe sprinkle in a few beers in here and there. :-D

HD333

FRI-
Half day of work. Wife picking me up maybe some lunch el fresco. Then onto my parents house where the kids will be to hang out with my sister and her son who are in town for the weekend. Hopefully the old man will supply some beer/grub. Get the kids home and in bed, pack for the weekned and maybe try to get a little slap and tickle from the misses...

Sat
Leave at the crack of dawn to drive up to Lake Winni. Put the boat in. "make sure it runs", then "test" the sea doo. Buy fishing liscence and other non-essential gear from the local bait shop to keep them happy. Dig for night crawlers with the girls and "fish" with them. Cookout PM. All of the in-laws (out-laws) should be up by sat PM so I will need to start into the Beer beer beer.

Sun -
Play 9 holes early AM with a buddy and his dad. Meet up with our wives and kids after and play in the lake. Probably grill out again Sunday. Depending on traffic maybe some wakeboarding/tubing. Trhow the line out and try to catch something off the dock.

Mon-
Play it by ear. But definitly an early AM kayak excursion with the ultra lite to catch some fishies. Hike with the wife and kids. Head home and get ready for work on Tuesday.

Have a fun and safe holiday weekend everyone!

HD

hammer

Fri PM: Try to mow yard before dark...lots of growth in 2 weeks
Saturday: Finish mowing, drive up north to check out campgrounds for family summer camping trip
Sunday: yard work, 16YO son has first driving lesson :-o
Monday: Memorial Day activities (both kids are in scouts), more yard work

Enjoy all, and please take a moment to remember why we're all having this 3-day weekend.

Was gonna say that GSS did not start this thread?????

I was slacking this week..

anyway we got all the important Memorial Day tombstones installed this week and I'm going to take out the trash at work and go to the Allentown farmers market for some lunch...then taking a long nap..to rest up for tonights festivities..it's not often a good friend is getting married soon so I want to show him a good time..between the two of us..I bet we kill a whole sixer of Mikes hard lemonade..JEA!!!

Greg

Staff member
Today: Taking a half day. Spreading the rest of the mulch, MTB ride, vodka.
Tomorrow: Work around the house in the am, BBQ in pm
Sunday: Maybe get a ride in the am if it's not raining, BBQ in pm
Monday: Ride if I don't ride Sunday, hang with the family

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Fri - work until about 3, then go slay some dirt trails on my bike
Sat - yardwork & beer
Sun - see Sat
Mon - go riding again, then hit up the outdoor pool. I'm not sure which pool I'm going to go to yet. The outdoor pool at my gym is likely to have better "scenery" but my town's pool is with in walking distance and I just picked up a brand new bottle of Captain Morgan....

deadheadskier

Staff member
FRI-
Half day of work. Wife picking me up maybe some lunch el fresco. Then onto my parents house where the kids will be to hang out with my sister and her son who are in town for the weekend. Hopefully the old man will supply some beer/grub. Get the kids home and in bed, pack for the weekned and maybe try to get a little slap and tickle from the misses...

Sat
Leave at the crack of dawn to drive up to Lake Winni. Put the boat in. "make sure it runs", then "test" the sea doo. Buy fishing liscence and other non-essential gear from the local bait shop to keep them happy. Dig for night crawlers with the girls and "fish" with them. Cookout PM. All of the in-laws (out-laws) should be up by sat PM so I will need to start into the Beer beer beer.

Sun -
Play 9 holes early AM with a buddy and his dad. Meet up with our wives and kids after and play in the lake. Probably grill out again Sunday. Depending on traffic maybe some wakeboarding/tubing. Trhow the line out and try to catch something off the dock.

Mon-
Play it by ear. But definitly an early AM kayak excursion with the ultra lite to catch some fishies. Hike with the wife and kids. Head home and get ready for work on Tuesday.

Have a fun and safe holiday weekend everyone!

HD

You get in the lake this early in the year? What's the water temp?

Paul

ATT Rulz!

When I started with the phone Co. (SNET) we used to be allowed ot leave early (with pay, of course) on our birfdays if it fell on a weekday. Now, it falls on a Saturday and I get to not only go into the office, but not get paid to do so. Same with the Memorial Day holiday.

But I do get to hear the chorus of "at least you have a job." It's a damn shame that it's either one or the other...

o3jeff

When I started with the phone Co. (SNET) we used to be allowed ot leave early (with pay, of course) on our birfdays if it fell on a weekday. Now, it falls on a Saturday and I get to not only go into the office, but not get paid to do so. Same with the Memorial Day holiday.

But I do get to hear the chorus of "at least you have a job." It's a damn shame that it's either one or the other...

This might be your answer
http://forums.alpinezone.com/55881-were-hiring.html

dmc

Today - Piss off some AZ'ers... Go see Star Trek at the Hunter theater...
Tomorrow... Hike - ski... Go to Levon Helm Ramble.. drink...
Sunday.. bike... drink
Monday.. sleep... drink

SkiDork

Saturday: Ty myself and the kids will hike to the top of Superstar and see if there are any turns to be had in the upper headwall. If not, then at least we went for a decent hike.

Sunday: Bubbafest

Monday: back home to Long Island for parade etc.

powhunter

tonight-get drunk with Mr. and Mr. Gisevil
sat- work/ get laid
sunday -plant garden/harvest blueberries/mtb ride
mon- Trout fishing with my son/cookout

steveo