• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

list of indemnified bindings..where can we find one????

teachski

Website
teachski.com
Is there someplace we can get a list of this year's ndemnified bindings? I think it would be helpful to people who look for skis on Ebay and/or at swaps and other places.

The uninformed person tends to pick out something by physical appearance (cleanliness, etc) and doesn't always know what they should look for or even what is safe for use.

ChileMass

"Idemnified Bindings" - ?? What is this? Do the manufacturers actually guarantee them against non-release and breaking your leg? Wow - I want "idemnified investment advisors" who guarantee my 401K won't go down..........tell me more......

ChileMass

Found the answer to my question (from skimag.com) -

"Bindings have finite life spans-especially if you ski a lot. Manufacturers can guarantee they'll work safely only for a certain number of years. This is called indemnification. Each year, shops get lists from all manufacturers telling them which bindings are still indemnified. The manufacturer is telling the shops that it's OK to service those models, because they're still safe. After a decade or so, a binding drops off the list, and you'll no longer find a shop willing to service it."

Thanks a lot to the legal profession for keeping us all safe.....

A

asthomas

Looking for Spademan boot plates

Howdy! I saw some reminiscences about old equipment elsewhere in this forum, and wondered if anyone might still have some of that old Spademan stuff lying around. My husband was a huge fan of Spademan bindings when they came out, and still has about 8 pairs of skis with those on them. The catch is that an ex-girlfriend, in a fit of, well, pique, trashed the boots that went with them, meaning the bootplates were lost forever. We've been searching for a set of Spademans ever since, and haven't had any luck. If we can find a set of bootplates to either buy or borrow, we can made a template from them and have some more made, so my husband can again use the fortune's worth of skis he's got!

I am most grateful for anyone's help, direction or advice! Contact me at stalycia@aol.com.

Happy skiing!