• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

nepaug 6/23

jarrodski

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.skisundown.com
4:30 ride
6 people
3 buddies, myself, and 2 new dudes.

good to be back to the paug...

holy wet. almost none of the jumps were in good shape. deli slicer, slick as shit... we did rowdy duty, and the only usable feature was flight sym and the wood kicker. then we did missing link, and that was just slop. fun to be out though. then mark jake and zach sessioned the 3 pack on lower tower for a bit until the group collectivly told zach he's scary and we veto'd any more jumps out of him. we rode out on bobsled and back to the car where we realized no one brought beer. damn

so, first ride in paug in over a month. the ride up the fire road sucks, but, i've been eating well and jogging in the morning, so at least i could breath, even though it was humid and wet. we rode the single track connector to teh top of deli which was in good shape. i was behind the 2 new guys because i had the dog with me. they were slower, obviously new to the sport and the area. fun to see the learning curve, but i had to pay attention and leave plenty of room, as they couldnt climb and were slipping pedals (connecting with exposed shins ow! )

jetting down deli, the first step down jump was soupy but usable. i didn;t blast it fast because its the first jump in a month... but i caught landing and it felt great tobe back out shredding on the bike. the rest of the run was real slick... but if you know the roots you could keep a good pace and stay off the brakes until that last turn with the braking bumps, right before the jeep road. heading up the jeep road and past the green gate up to rowdy duty was real wet, but, its been a while since we've ridden together, so there were plenty of stories about my moving into my house, bank of america being modern day theives and jakes adventures to philly to hang with rich kids and their toys.

flight sym is one of those stunts in nepaug that i wish we had more of... like 10 in a row... its always fun. steep landing, smooth transition / take off... i dig it. we only hit it once, and commented that a jump, bridge... sometihng needs to be done about the mud on the out run... there's a drainage issue. not a big deal, but for such a fun stunt it needs to be addressed. climb up to the next fun section of rowdy and you're at the in run for the double set... its wet, so everyone decides to skip the second dirt jump. the in run to the first wood kicker is wet, but tractionable... good times... but hitting the brakes and changing lines away from the second one was tricky... the dog almost ate shit... thats how slick it was. sketch.

back up the blue trail... zach got this one climb for his first time which is always fun to watch and heckle. i think he and i were the only ones to give it a go, as jake doesn;t give a shit about it, mark wanted to be at a strategic turn in the climb for maximum heckle capabilities, and the two new guys just didn't have it in them. ... so zach makes it, and we continue on towards missing link... which = soup.... i thiknk i was sideways on every turn.... felt like a drifter. prety fun though.... there's a left turn into a small drop with abuilt up landing... its the first left in the down hill fun area of missing link... if you blast into it, you;re front wheel gives just enough to power slide, but there was just enough bite to carry speed... fun feeling for sure. there was a few uphill areas that were wet, but doable...

the rest of the ride, aside from the mini jump sess, that were pretty un eventful... i got stuck behind the newbs on bobsled, so my run through there was pretty lame.... i pretty much had a conversation with jake the whole time down... oh well...

i think that;s it... good times.... we're going to try to do everyday next week @ 430 if anyone is interested...