• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

West Hartford Rez - 06/29/09

MR. evil

I was supposed to ride with Slopes (Dave) tonight, but we got our signals crossed and it ended up being a solo ride. Best of luck with your move to VT Dave, hope to see you on the slopes next season.

I got started around 4:40 and right from the get-go the warm temperature and sun kicked my ass. I am really not looking forward to the next two months of after work rides. I made it up to the ridge pretty quick and sessioned a few spots. This play time really helped me get my wind back and I was able to keep riding at a good pace. Most of the trail from the ridge to the dyke was in good shape. But the parts that were bad were really F’d up. It looked like some MXr’s ripped through there and tore these spots up. But it was all MTB damage. I guess people never heard of staying off the trail during wet weather. There were about 5 or 6 spots that I just had to walk because they were so bad. One of them being the last 200 feet of my favorite DH.

Tonight was also my first ride on my new front tire, a 2.5 Continental Rain King. The tire isn't much larger than the 2.4 MotoRaptor I had up front, but it has a much more aggressive tread and corners great! I am very glad that I like it because the thing was a bear to mount. The tire has very stiff side walls & I broke several tires levers getting it on my wheel.

According to my GPS I did 7.6 miles in 1 hour 42 minutes. Here is the GPS track

http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=257126

powhunter

yea couldnt get out till 6ish last night....glad ya got a ride in bro...yea the heat really sucks!!

steveo

powhunter

yea botttom ridge......nice 5 miler at the (powhunter) pace....That lower section has so much potential...Im thinking of possibly making a little loop along the ridge (hijack sorry!!)

pow

sLoPeS

I was supposed to ride with Slopes (Dave) tonight, but we got our signals crossed and it ended up being a solo ride. Best of luck with your move to VT Dave, hope to see you on the slopes next season.

I got started around 4:40 and right from the get-go the warm temperature and sun kicked my ass. I am really not looking forward to the next two months of after work rides. I made it up to the ridge pretty quick and sessioned a few spots. This play time really helped me get my wind back and I was able to keep riding at a good pace. Most of the trail from the ridge to the dyke was in good shape. But the parts that were bad were really F’d up. It looked like some MXr’s ripped through there and tore these spots up. But it was all MTB damage. I guess people never heard of staying off the trail during wet weather. There were about 5 or 6 spots that I just had to walk because they were so bad. One of them being the last 200 feet of my favorite DH.

Tonight was also my first ride on my new front tire, a 2.5 Continental Rain King. The tire isn't much larger than the 2.4 MotoRaptor I had up front, but it has a much more aggressive tread and corners great! I am very glad that I like it because the thing was a bear to mount. The tire has very stiff side walls & I broke several tires levers getting it on my wheel.

According to my GPS I did 7.6 miles in 1 hour 42 minutes. Here is the GPS track

http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=257126

yea, bummer that didnt happen. i had stuff going on the stove, and well, u gotta eat and not burn down the place. sounds like you had a good ride. that last lower section of the DH is just an absolute mess. i dont know how you would fix it, bring in dirt? that part takes so long to dry and i think no one stays off it or walks it. i think ive only made it all the way down, over the planks and up that hill once or twice. well, my bike is now in killington. looks like my next ride will be up there!