• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Saxon Hill 4/22 - 4/23

BackLoafRiver

While visiting my family in Burlington this week, I decided to bring my bike and do some more riding at Saxon Hill.

Got out Thursday and Friday this week. I love this network!! Despite it being early season, the trails were burned in pretty well. Lots and lots of buff singletrack. Rode OM front and back a few times with the lady before heading to Flo and Paper route a little later. The easy stuff is just fun twisty turny trails. Flo throws everything at you...roots, rocks, a few smaller hills, a bridge or two. Nothing severe. They rate it as intermediate but I call shenanigans. Seemed pretty easy.

Friday I really got a chance to ride some of the more interesting stuff. OM -> Mid - Flo -> Flo -> Paper Route. Mid Flow starts to add some climbing to the trails and some fun descending. So much fun!! I ran out of time before being able to hit the best stuff on the network. I can't wait to get back in June.

I have some pics I will put up when I get back home.

* EDIT * - No video. I clicked the wrong icon. Dumb.

WoodCore

Sounds like a great place to ride! I made it up to the Kingdom Trails last year but I definitely need to get my butt out of CT and check out some of the other MTB options up that way this summer. Look forward to seeing the pictures.

BackLoafRiver

Beginning of OM -
DSCN3699.jpg

DSCN3700.jpg

Some Twisty turny:
DSCN3710.jpg

Fun little downhill section:
DSCN3714.jpg

The GF thinking better of the bridge:
DSCN3713.jpg

DSCN3717.jpg

BackLoafRiver

Sounds nice!

Fixed it for ya.

Thanks!

Sounds like a great place to ride! I made it up to the Kingdom Trails last year but I definitely need to get my butt out of CT and check out some of the other MTB options up that way this summer. Look forward to seeing the pictures.

I am looking at heading up to KT this summer around the 4th of July. Should be killer. If you ever feel like coming up and checking out Bradbury Mountain, let me know. It's a cool place to ride for sure.

WoodCore

Beginning of OM -
DSCN3699.jpg

DSCN3700.jpg

Some Twisty turny:
DSCN3710.jpg

Fun little downhill section:
DSCN3714.jpg

The GF thinking better of the bridge:
DSCN3713.jpg

DSCN3717.jpg

Great Pictures! Looks to be some pretty buff ST, none the less gotta hit that shit up for sure this year.

BackLoafRiver

Thanks all. I will be posting the Sunny Hallow TR in a few with some pics. That is some pretty cool stuff as well. Much harder.

bvibert

Staff member
Nice pics. Looks like a lot of fun there! I like the, what appears to be, a-frame up and overs on that big log.

BackLoafRiver

Yeah, it was great...although approaching it from where she is was a little more difficult. It appears out of nowhere and if you aren't carrying speed, it's game over. I love those trails.

BigJay

Thanks all. I will be posting the Sunny Hallow TR in a few with some pics. That is some pretty cool stuff as well. Much harder.

Saxon Hill always delivers! Love the place... my gf too... It's her favorite sport after Trail of Tears on the cape.

I've never been to Sunny Hollow... Can't wait to check it out... I've been meaning to go... but we have so many great trails that we rarely get the chance to hit all we want during one summer!

BackLoafRiver

Saxon Hill always delivers! Love the place... my gf too... It's her favorite sport after Trail of Tears on the cape.

I've never been to Sunny Hollow... Can't wait to check it out... I've been meaning to go... but we have so many great trails that we rarely get the chance to hit all we want during one summer!

Trail of Tears is on my list for the summer.

Sunny Hollow is a pretty interesting place. Way more challenging than Saxon Hill. There is a set of switchbacks that I still struggle with and a few downhills that nearly sent me OTB. I discovered quite a bit more this past visit. It is well worth the ride to Colchester. Where else do you like to ride? I hear that Hinesburg Forrest is awesome.

BigJay

I hear that Hinesburg Forrest is awesome.

Love Stowe and Waterbury. Ride mostly in Montgomery/Jay area. Still haven't visited our neighbours BRMBC... been planning to for 3-4 years now... Love the new stuff fellowship is building... somehow not a huge fan of Hinesburg... but i'm not lucky, i've never been there while it's dry... Of course, we visit KT 1-2 times a year...

In Quebec: East Hereford is VERY worth the drive. Lots and lots of purpose built singletrack. We also have a kickass project that will break ground soon in Mansonville across from Jay/North troy. We have 30mi of singletrack planned for the next 3 years. Jay Peak is getting back into mtbing... a new trail should be open this summer...

STREETSKIER

Check out Otis afb. Sick