• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snow tonight

Greg

Staff member
Looking at 2-4" tonight in CT. It'll stay cold all week so it'll be refreshing to have snow around...

skijay

It better snow. I have 4 snow tires I need to try out!

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
Looks like a couple inches fell here (north and west of Boston).

Of course, they started plowing around 4am. Thunk. Scrape. Beep-beep-beep. Thunk. Scrape. Beep-beep-beep.
:cry:

teachski

Website
teachski.com
The school I teach at got a 2 hour delay out of this. It makes me laugh, that Ice event, which was actually much worse and had a lot of area schools cancelling didn't even draw a delay for us. Sometimes it's hard to figure out!
We only had 3" in this one! WE NEED MORE!!!!!

Greg

Staff member
MichaelJ said:
Of course, they started plowing around 4am. Thunk. Scrape. Beep-beep-beep. Thunk. Scrape. Beep-beep-beep.
Oh man...same thing at my house. We got a bit over 3". I expected more after hearing all the plows.

J

jlangdale

Not much new stuff up here. Looks like we're going back into the deep freeze this week. :(

skijay

By the time I got out this morning the 2 inches of snow was plowed. I still have not got a chance to play with my snow tires!!!! I bought these on 12/18/03 and have not got a chance to break them in.

Joshua B

What brand and model snow tires?

I recently got BF Goodrich Traction T/A which are more of an all-season tire. So far so good.

skijay

I purchased Cooper Discoverer Mud and Snow. I have a hard to find 16" tire size.

skijay

JoshuaB....The snow tire equipped vehicle is a:

vuexm122503.jpg

The snow storm today 1/15/04 produced only about 2 inches here in northern CT. I still can not test my snow tires!

Greg

Staff member
skijay said:
I still can not test my snow tires!
You do realize the fact that you bought new snow tires is the reason we're not getting much in terms of measurable snow, right? ;)

Got about 2" as well last night.

teachski

Website
teachski.com
Greg said:
skijay said:
I still can not test my snow tires!
You do realize the fact that you bought new snow tires is the reason we're not getting much in terms of measurable snow, right? ;)

Got about 2" as well last night.

I'm driving on tires that should be replaced! Don't the snow gods know that? Give me a good storm so I can see just how bad they really are!

Inch by inch it is adding up, but we NEED a good storm!