• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bradbury 10/20

BackLoafRiver

I was itching to get out and ride today. I have been in a funk the past week (not sure why) but I knew I needed some activity. I was able to get out of work and get on the trail by 4:00.

Rode a newish route for me:

Knights Woods -> Knights Woods Link (where I got lost due to leaf cover) -> Wash basin Loop -> Link -> Fox West -> Link -> Unnamed Singletrack -> Ginn -> Ragan -> Gin -> Fox East -> O trail extension -> done.

I rode almost all of the stuff in the opposite direction. Fox West from south to north is tough. There is a hard climb (short but tech-y) right off the bat that I didn't make. The bridges are also more challenging as the entrances were harder to hit. I clearly am more confident descending then I am climbing something technical, which is no good.

As I mentioned earlier, the leaf cover is playing hell with my sense of direction in the woods. This past sunday was trail volunteer day so a lot of stuff was cleaned up. The Knights woods link trail, however, was not and I got hella lost. Luckily, I ended up on something near the end. I must have ridden that trail 100 times this summer and felt like an idiot when I realized I had no idea where the trail went.

The upside is that I am feeling faster. I still have endurance issues on climbs but I am pedaling much more efficiently and feeling more confident overall. I really needed to get out...it was cathartic. Ended up with 8.5 Miles (runkeeper had me at 8.3 and another gps program at 8.5 so I am going with the bigger number) in just over 1:20. Here are a few pics:

Cool hidden bike sign on part of Ginn:
DSC01529.jpg

Ginn:
DSC01530.jpg

DSC01531.jpg

DSC01532.jpg

Part of Fox East:
DSC01533.jpg