• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Time to come clean: Age Disclosure Thread

smitty77

Website
hotmix77.tripod.com
[quote="Max]Well, that's not QUITE right...I do remember a trip over Wildcat Ridge trail and then up into the Great Gulf where I had trouble keeping up the second day. Must have been those rocks he put in my pack overnight... :D[/quote]

No rocks, just running lean. I probably should have been carrying more, but that pack wasn't big enough. Why do you think I waited so long to ditch that small internal pack for a larger one? (Which btw I still need to christen, maybe this year :-? )

Smitty

skican

Looks like I am at a "happy medium", I am 42 (til next month), I am married to a 31 year OLD guy (I have more pep and more ski runs than he does), I have 3 grown children, 1 dog, and 5 cats. WE ski Cannon! And the Loaf! :beer:

Greg

Staff member
Hi there, skican! Welcome to the boards! :)

Tyrolean_skier

Looks like I am one of the olders too. I am 47, married for almost 11 years to a wonderful man 4 years younger than me. I am the diehard skier in the family and usually ski a lot more runs than my hubby. I have a son who is 6 and follows me down double diamond runs and into the trees at Killington and Steamboat. I also have a daughter who is 3 that we have just started taking up the hill and ski with her on the leash. Right now she is not making many turns but it is fun to watch her go.

ZOG

47 years old, Married with children, 16 & 13. This year marks my 20 th. year as a ski patroller and I had 7 years experience teaching skiing before that. I like to race and ski fast! Usually get in 40-50 days per year.

Skied for a lot of years on 207 cm skis and loved it. I never thought I'd ever say that my 174's were now my long skis.

Greg

Staff member
Hey there, ZOG. Welcome to the boards!

T

Terry Weber

Greg said:
All right. All right. Every message board has one. I think it's time to start the "How old is everyone here?" thread.

I'm 30 years old, married, and have a beautiful one year old daughter.

Next?
Hi, I'm Terry, 44, no kids, but very active. Learned to snow ski 2 years ago and love it.

Schuyler

40, three kids; 11, 13, & 21. My grandaughter is 11 months & she's already been to the whites a few times. I remember her first trip to Franconia Notch at 2 months, she held her head up for a long time so she could look around in amazement! :eek: (The mountains still have that effect on me!) :D

Sky

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I'm 26, married with a dog. My husband (same age) has been saying the whole 8.5 years we've known each other that he wanted to take me skiing, as he's been skiing since he was a kid...this was the first winter he's had a chance, and now I think he's beginning to regret it :) I'm obsessed--and loving every minute of it!
It's great to find a board that's focused on the Northeast!

Max

Wow, welcome to all the new folks on the board! Good to see some more logging in. Keep posting reports on ski and hiking trips, it makes for good reading when I'm not out in the woods.

And I agree about the comment with the shorter skis...I used to ski on 207's also and am amazed at what passes for a "long" ski today! :D

aschir01

I'm 24 and a newcomer to the board. I came over from Epicski after a discussion there about other message boards. I might be moving to Westchester County soon if I get a job there and so wanted to scope out the skiing scene there and further north in NE. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute more soon...

Greg

Staff member
Welcome aschir01! Glad to have you here as well!

jimme

46 going on 14! In my mind anyway, my body too often tells me otherwise. Met my wife during my 'dry ' (skiing) years and she does not ski. (I tell her it's a good thing 'cause today she'd have too. :wink: ) I'm the most athletic person in the family right now. Although I will never give up trying to get everyone involved. We have two girls, 7 and 10. They seem to be taking to snowboarding. Had their fisrt lesson last week.

Jimme :p

57stevey

Hi all, I was Steve1321 on the other boards... anyway I am 46, married and have one daughter age 10. Wife and daughter both took up skiing over the last few years, woohoo!

2/12 - hey cool, now I'm Steve1321 here too! Thanks Greg

B

bur5465

I am 24, married, with dog.
I am an eternal UNH graduate student.

twigeater

Website
community.webshots.com
44, have soon to be 25 year old child, and two beautiful grandkids ages 3 and 5. Both grandkids went on their first camping trip at 18 months (they LOVE it) and my grandgirl (at age 4.5) went on her first backpacking trip last summer.

O

oldhippie

Another old guy

I'm Steve.. 54, but 23 on the inside. I have been skiing since about 1960.. coulda' been before that. My first skis didn't have metal edges and the Beatles weren't on Ed Sullivan yet.

I learned to ski at Burbank Hospital Hill in Fitchburg where the skiing was free. It was rope tow and the city ran it. I progressed to Mt. Wachusett when there was nothing more than a hot-dog trailer, where the lodge now sits. There were two T-bars but neither one of then ran a full day without breaking down. No snow making and no place to warm up. I'd bring a sandwich in my jacket and get a cup of cocoa at lunch. I'd climb the mountain till the lifts started up cause my Dad would drop me off before work and he worked at 9:00 in fitchburg..and then I'd climb till he picked me up about 6:00. No night skiing at the time. Great days..

I live in ashby Ma. I love to ski but don't have the knees for the bumps anymore and the "burn" comes pretty quickly to my upper leg muscles in the front. In the off season my main hobby is motorcycles. ..going to concerts in and around New England and photography.

This is a great forum and I've enjoyed the folks here over the past couple months.

Steve