• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Time to come clean: Age Disclosure Thread

tirolerpeter

Coming clean about age

I passed 59 at the end of May. After some serious surgical adventures over the prior four years, I got serious about conditioning (not that I was particularily out of shape before that) . I now ski at a level that I really never have before despite having first skied in Austria at age three. I bought (and actually use) a "Skier's Edge" machine last October and now can ski from lift opening to last chair without a burn. I am skiing more bumps then ever before, and even dropped my ski length down to 164's to facilitate that. Of course, being retired has given me all those wonderful mid-week days where I can "own" the trails and lifts. Not standing in line on successive runs definitely allows you to improve both stamina and technique. I can't wait for the 05-06 season to begin! I am selling my house on LI next spring, and moving to the Salt Lake UT region so that I can have a (nearly) 10 month season until Mother Nature calls me home!

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
ctenidae said:
What kind of place is Heaven if there's no skiing?

That made me think of a bumper sticker I saw, "When hell freezes over, I'll ski it" . Thought that was a good one. Anyways, 48 here, married, no kids.

ctenidae

Red sox winning is just a hard frost. When the Cubs win, that's when the ski resorts open.

On a sadder note, I turn 32 this week.
No need for gifts, but I would like some Volkl 724's, somwhere in the 161 cm range, if anyone's going shopping.

blacknblue

ctenidae said:
Red sox winning is just a hard frost. When the Cubs win, that's when the ski resorts open.

No need for gifts, but I would like some Volkl 724's, somwhere in the 161 cm range, if anyone's going shopping.
I've got 170s. I'll let you borrow them if you come ski in Colorado. :wink:

bigbog

51 this year.
Nice move tirolpeter....totally agree with you on the seriousness of conditioning. This coming season it's new boots and new legs at the onset! 8) Kudos on the move to the West. 8)

kickstand

ctenidae said:

the White Sox have an even longer drought. They've thrown as many World Series's in the past 87 years as the Red Sox have won!

just hit 32 a few weeks ago. Welcome to the club.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
mebee...

ctenidae said:

Maybe just maybe, heaven will have a full complement of 724's and Superspeeds :beer:

ctenidae

By the time they let me into Heaven, they better have some anti-gravity skis ready. And teleporters instead of chairlifts.

skiNEwhere

The other day my co-worker said "It's the 39th anniversary of my 21st birthday."

I like the way he worded that, I'll have to keep that in my pocket to use down the line.