• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

All-Mountain.....Poles?

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
$10 that cannonball breaks them! :razz:

I would nominate J. Spin to review the poles. He spends a lot of time BC and just as much with his kids on groomers.

Anyways, I'm late to the party. I don't break poles getting on/off the lift anymore, although I have been known to forget them in the parking lot. :dunce:

I don't ski at a level to even notice the difference between one type of composite material and another, plus my absent-mindedness conspire to not spend the extra money.

Second, I have two pair of poles - the small basked type for hardpack, groomer or bump skiing and a second pair with wide baskets for skiing powder, which for me, happens about three times a year in New England. When I ski west, I rent anyways, getting the right equipment for the day's conditions.

I'd be interested in hearing more about dl's survey methodology. How did he select his subjects? What regions? How many? You know what they say, Lies, damned lies, and statistics.

Cannonball

$10 that cannonball breaks them! :razz:

Although I ski hard I'm pretty easy on gear. Other than snapping a Naxo this year I haven't broken a piece of equipment in a long time. Last time I broke a pole was 1993. My first, last, and only significant gear breakage was in 1986 when I broke a ski, a binding toe piece...and both shins.

Puck it

Although I ski hard I'm pretty easy on gear. Other than snapping a Naxo this year I haven't broken a piece of equipment in a long time. Last time I broke a pole was 1993. My first, last, and only significant gear breakage was in 1986 when I broke a ski, a binding toe piece...and both shins.

Sounds like you would not be a good candidate then. I break things every year. Snapped off two heel pieces on the Icelantics last year. Ripped softshell at Alta also. Nothing this year though. I'm due.

Cannonball

Sounds like you would not be a good candidate then. I break things every year. Snapped off two heel pieces on the Icelantics last year. Ripped softshell at Alta also. Nothing this year though. I'm due.

If the goal is to test their breakability then you are probably right. I was thinking it was a test of the new basket concept and overall performance.