• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Blue Hill 1/6/13

Conditions: Slush

How I ended up here I have no idea. Must have been an itch to ski while down with the parents

I rolled into the parking lot below the towering mountain above me, leg twitching with anticipation. I was a Blue Hill ski area, a Mecca for skiing. As I booted up in the lodge I was astounded by the coverage, they had half of Big Blue open! Soon I was riding to the summit of 400'. Big Blue left side was he first run. Decent.Next run I chose was Big Blue, middle. This was icy all the way down, totally skied off. After going to the top again, I decided it was time to attack Big Blue, right side, only to find a large field of grass. After going back down the left side of the Blue Hill, I was out of options. Suddenly I realized the Magic Carpet was open. This was the run of the day, edge to edge coverage and spring conditions. I lapped the carpet multiple times. After that I was BEAT. The mountain had beaten me up and it was time to leave...

Yuck, that was a horrendous day. Blue Hills is even smaller than I remember.

Only two runs open, but it really was only 1 and a half. It's pretty bad if the best run is the magic carpet