• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

killy, nov. 11

jarrodski

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.skisundown.com
SWEET! so fun to go fast again.

first time out in a year and was loving learning how to not be a goob haha.

the system to get to north ridge was easy. and the snow was exactly what you;d think. the cool part was that you had 3 options and a small park offering. made the mistake of not detuning my S5's enough and just about stopped on a box. pretty sure little kids laughed at me.

i fully understand the stairway deal now. makes sense. it's going to save them a S$%& of money early season and i agree. its the best way to offer early skiing. except for the fact that 90% of the people feel fat when reaching the end.

cant wait to get back there in a few weeks.

gmcunni

i fully understand the stairway deal now. makes sense. it's going to save them a S$%& of money early season and i agree. its the best way to offer early skiing. except for the fact that 90% of the people feel fat when reaching the end.

i was feeling real fat. i would have stopped to rest along the way but there were people behind me and i would have been embarrassed.

gmcunni

i got up late, it took longer to get there than i remembered, i forgot my 2 for 1 pass, i skied for about 3 hours and had a very good time. almost 8 hours of driving for 3 hours of skiing :???: it was worth it but i won't do it again for just a few trails.

Snow was not great but i was just happy to be skiing. first couple of runs were shakey, my legs forgot what to do. I could have used sharper edges, the trails had seen a lot of traffic.

i basically lapped upper double dipper/east fall. upper DD had sun on it and less traffic which made for snow i liked. the beginnings of a bump line were forming on skier's left of both trails. skied rime a few times too. Singles line moved well. for the most time i was doing 10 minute loops.

the stairs kicked my ass. Highway Star was complaining about losing some hidden short cut but i think he'll be OK. there is no wooden walkway cutting across the trail, just rock steps which should cover over nicely once snow starts to fall.

gmcunni

looking down RIME around 11:30
P1030970.JPG

upper DD
P1030973.JPG

line around 2:00
P1030974.JPG

Killington 11/11/10

Walking down the canyons of New York today was easy, because I skied yesterday. Few people believe me, but so what. My kids know their dad will make sure they get to ski in November. My son Shea even said last night after driving home, "what's the big deal about November skiing, we always do it".

1 year ago to the day was our first day in 2009. My boys want to ski next year on 11/11/11. Let’s hope it happens. We had a beautiful bluebird day today was. Temps were in the 30’s and 40’s. Surface was loose and frozen with some small bumps forming on the edges. Coverage was great, no rocks at all. The walkway is amazing since we wouldn’t be skiing otherwise. Trails were not crowded except in the park, but the lift line was almost 15 minutes in the morning.

Make sure you score the 2 for one deal on line. $24 a ticket is a sweet deal. We also stayed for the 3rd time at the Ramada Suites in Rutland. $120 for a suite that sleeps 6 with a great “real” breakfast. The place is new and clean.

It’s always great to start the season at K on the upper mountain. I do miss flying down mouse trap on wobbly knees.
Hopefully we’ll have more turns soon.
I forgot my camera, so I had to rely on these shots.
Pictures:
http://picasaweb.google.com/alanbelsky/KillingtonNovember112010#slideshow/5538665372785373474