• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown - 1.14.2012

gmcunni

Date(s) Skied: 1.14.12

Resort or Ski Area: Ski Sundown

Conditions: PP

Trip Report: just a couple of hours today due to other commitments but got a chance to demo some skis. Mountain was chilly and hard packed but softened up a bit as the day went on.

First ski i tried was the Nordica Arrowfire 80. was my first run of the day and the conditions were very hard packed. Ski was just OK. It didn't feel much different than my current ski (Noridca afterburner).
IMG-20120114-00326.jpg

Next tried K2 Aftershock. Loved this ski. took it out in a 181 (i ski a 170). it is billed as an All-Terrain Rocker. it skied really really nice. made good turns, held well at high-ish speeds. hit a few bumps with them and felt good (tho i did notice the extra length there). would definetly consider this when buying next ski
IMG-20120114-00327.jpg

Last ski i tried was the Blizzard Magnum 8.1ti. It skied OK. seemed a little squirrly at high speed and very grabby in the turns. one i started a turn it wanted to keep turning and i found i had to exert extra effort to turn back the other way.
IMG-20120114-00330.jpg

ran into Greg and took a run with him and his daughter. Saw BVibert too.

RFID was a bit off today, it didn't like me and refused to read my card a few times. Crowds were minor.