• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown - 1.16.2012

gmcunni

Date(s) Skied: 1.16.12

Resort or Ski Area: Ski Sundown

Conditions: mglr, pp, bumps, 100% Open

Trip Report: Did an afternoon session with my son today. Conditions remain good, very good considering the lack of natural snow. it was nice to see the ground beneth the lift covered with white stuff rather than the brown earth.

Skied just about everything. Bumps were nice but icy in spots.

Was surprised at the crowds. having just been there on Saturday i expected similar but today was much more crowded. Lots of day tickets as evidenced by the disproportionate number of people in the "main" line rather than the season passholder RFID line. it was a bit frustrating, my son had a day pass while i had RFID and syncing was a pain. Eventually (around 2:00 PM) they increased the lift line mgt staff + set up a much needed singles lane and things smoothed out a bit.

Saw Greg and his girls (he didn't see me OR avoided me if he did), Pat and his girls and Jarod was keeping the line moving on lift 1.

forgot my goggles but thankfully snow making was off so i just dealt with wind in the face. (lost and found was empty so i couldn't borrow).

VTSKICTLAX

Gonna have to meet some of you guys...skied Sundown today with two of my three sons ( 5 & 7 YO)...had a great day....everything from Tom's Treat to Gunbarrell...everything skied well...ice here and there for sure...NASTAR in the morning...most crowded day of the year so far IMO...but with the season pass we were able to quickly get up to the front and get on the lift (electronic card readers in effect for passholders only...not sure it's good or bad)...great day,,,lots of smiles....

Greg

Staff member
Saw Greg and his girls (he didn't see me OR avoided me if he did).

Definitely no avoidance. Only did three runs today. Last was Gunny with the 5 and 9 (!) year old. Didn't go too well for the little one (skied it fine, just scared) so we were done after that. Thought I might have heard a call out at lift two around 3 pm, but was preoccupied with the kids at that point...

Packed today. Busiest day of the year. Yeah, RFID + day/employee passes don't mix well on days like this...

powhunter

Lapped Noreaster with AllSKIING from 10-1...The only thing that resembled a line was at the top. The rest was mini whales..drop offs..caves..and sinkholes..Place was jamming!

Steveo

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
When I stopped by around 5:30PM, I could see the lot had been pretty full earlier in the day. Great for Bob, considering the season we're having. The season passholders + ticket holders thing is a pain right now, but manageable. Just wait in line with the ticket holder, if it matters that you ride together. ;) Sounds like you had a great time, even though you were originally looking to ski elsewhere. Certainly was a beautiful day today!

gmcunni

Just wait in line with the ticket holder, if it matters that you ride together. ;)
i'm told this is not an option or i'd have done it. no way to scan my pass with the handhelds and no pic to verify its mine.

Sounds like you had a great time, even though you were originally looking to ski elsewhere. Certainly was a beautiful day today!
i did, i always do. funny how things work out, i didn't feel well today so being close to home was a benefit.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
i'm told this is not an option or i'd have done it. no way to scan my pass with the handhelds and no pic to verify its mine.

i did, i always do. funny how things work out, i didn't feel well today so being close to home was a benefit.

I haven't worked in the lift lines this year, but I thought we were told at the beginning of the season that passholders could wait in the regular ticketholders line if they wanted to ride together. Luckily, it should all be RFID eventually and that'll end these headaches. I hope.

bvibert

Staff member
I haven't worked in the lift lines this year, but I thought we were told at the beginning of the season that passholders could wait in the regular ticketholders line if they wanted to ride together.

Nope, not currently. That's a possibility in the future, but we're not setup for it now.

Luckily, it should all be RFID eventually and that'll end these headaches. I hope.

Next year every ticket will be RFID, so these issues will go away.

Glad you had a good day, despite the lift line issues. Yesterday was the busiest day this year