• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic Mountain 2.4.12

gmcunni

Skied Magic today.

it was retro day, i was not retro. But i did score a $46 tix online last night.

pulled into empty parking lot around 9:45

mountain was empty.

snow report said 8 trails open. basically there were 2 ways down the mountain but they crisscrossed so you could take a few different routes. west side was closed

they need snow.

i had fun. i bought a new t-shirt

MA state troopers were busy today.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Too bad to hear that they were empty. :( Wasn't this their anniversary weekend or something like that?

gmcunni

Too bad to hear that they were empty. :( Wasn't this their anniversary weekend or something like that?

yes, they were celebrating 50 years. i had expected more people. i did hear someone say that the celebration dinner being held tonight was being well attended.

also heard they successfully load tested the black chair and are just waiting for the state to issue final permits so they can open it.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
I wanted to be there.

It was a beautiful day.

Stupid head cold!

Good news about the black chair, though!

bheemsoth

Hopefully we'll get some snow sometime soon so we can have some promising late February/March skiing at Magic this year. I've yet to make it there this year, but it's my favorite in southern Vermont.

steamboat1

I like when I ski with my friend who works at a northern VT. area. The other day we went in for lunch & we both ordered a bunch of stuff. Went to the register & the total was over $28. He gave them his employee card & after the cashier swiped it he said that will be $12 please.

To bad his card doesn't work at the bar.

mhoran1982

Nice report....wonder if they are done making snow? Really hope they get some natural before vacation week.....

jrmagic

Nice report....wonder if they are done making snow? Really hope they get some natural before vacation week.....

They were making snow saturday night into Sunday morning. I did some "adventure skiing" on Sunday with Dick Sharon and Andrew from Snow Wizards. There are some impressive stockpiles of snow up along the top of Wizard. Talisman has a bullet proof crust at the moment but hopefully will get groomed this week so they can open it for next weekend.