• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jeep owners?

deadheadskier

Staff member
Is that in reference the Wagoneer or the Grand Cherokee?

Doubt either would come with a stick. Would be bad ass if they did. Not that I could afford one until it was many years used. The price on Jeep products have gone pretty crazy in recent years.

Scruffy

Kind of cool looking, but what would be the point?

Looks like a compromise of passenger room compared to a regular Wrangler.

I wonder what the towing and payload is on it, so you could actually use it like a truck. The Wrangler only has a 3500# towing capacity.

I'm more excited about the return of the Grand Wagoneer. Some of the prototypes for that have been really cool looking.

Depends on the wheel base, but it looks to be as useful as one of these :grin:
images

deadheadskier

Staff member
Except a Tacoma has a decent tow rating and payload for a midsize truck. The Wrangler does not have a good tow rating. That's kind of my point. Unless they increased those capabilities, the only reason to get the Wrangler pick up would be if off road performance was a top priority. (and looks too I suppose) Otherwise, a Tacoma would be the better choice.

Scruffy

Except a Tacoma has a decent tow rating and payload for a midsize truck. The Wrangler does not have a good tow rating. That's kind of my point. Unless they increased those capabilities, the only reason to get the Wrangler pick up would be if off road performance was a top priority. (and looks too I suppose) Otherwise, a Tacoma would be the better choice.

Right, if they keeps the current Wrangler specs, then I'd not be interested. I think if Jeep wants to compete in the ballsy small PU market, they better aim at the Tacoma or higher. Jeeps last PU didn't do much, I would hope they don't want a repeat of that, but Jeep is funny these days, they seem to be all over the map with their products, so who knows.

Glenn

Since this thread came up again....

Me and the Mrs. were down in FLA back in September. Rental car manager let us pick what we wanted in the lot. We took a brand new Cherokee (not Grand). Solid SUV! I would opt for the V6, but it was a nice ride. I'd seriously consider one.

VTKilarney

I have a Grand Cherokee, but I think next time I will get a Cherokee. It's a great vehicle.

deadheadskier

Staff member
My only complaint on the new Cherokee is the double headlights/front end styling. Pretty fugly if you ask me. Loved the look of the original before it was discontinued.

.......and that you could get it with a manual transmission!!! :grin:

I've got a friend who has an 97 2dr with MT and the 4L V6. 200K miles, minimal rust and still used as his daily driver.

HD333

Loved the old Cherokees. I had a 2000 that got stolen, if it hadn't been stolen I am willing to bet I would still have it, maybe not a daily driver but man I miss that vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkiFanE

Loved the old Cherokees. I had a 2000 that got stolen, if it hadn't been stolen I am willing to bet I would still have it, maybe not a daily driver but man I miss that vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we bought a 2000 in June for my daughter. It's the car she dreamed about - so got an awesome 119k Cherokee in mint condition. Has had a few issues we've had to deal with (car sat for 2 years before we bought it) but nothing expensive (shocks, leaky fuel line, brake line) and compared to our Jap cars, so cheap for the local guy to fix. Or husband. We've had 2 before and one thing about them is they never break down. They may have a problem but can always get you home. She absolutely loves it and can pile 8-9 friends In it I've been told lol.

SkiFanE

Anyone get the "no Bus" error before on Jeep odometer? Got it today in girls 1999 Cherokee (not a 2000 as I posted before). All gauges were dead but car started fine, except airbag light was on. Restarted twice and it went away. Seems like it's a connection between dash and computer / bus (?). Repair seems to be simple - clean connection or tighten cable behind dash. Husband is handy but our time is limited. We're taking car to shop tomorrow for something else - so don't want them to look into this of its hours and hours of labor. But if it's kinda quick - I'll asks them to look. Otherwise husband may have to give up fun for an afternoon and look at it. Advice?

AdironRider

Paying a shop to chase electrical gremlins gets pricey quick. If husband is handy he should do it.

bigbog

Lamp lights, under the dashbd go...often easy to replace or rewire , but having someone "run the codes" ..and provide a list of them might be a good idea...to get a picture of the situation. A dealer and some garages will see $$$ once they begin a hunt(ie AdironRider)....$.01.

Last edited:

twinplanx

Quick question, what's the biggest wheel/tire combo you could put on a Grand Cherokee without cutting or rubbing?

asheehan523

wranglers are durable and fun...grand cherokees offer a level of comfort that is really nice