• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jeep owners?

wtcobb

I don't have a garage, so I actually built a lift from some spare lumber I had laying around from some work I did on my deck.

attachment.php

This is great! The g/f has a Jeep and we're picking up her hardtop this weekend - she can't help me with it so I need to enlist other help. This seems like a great option. How do you store the rack when not in use?

buellski

This is great! The g/f has a Jeep and we're picking up her hardtop this weekend - she can't help me with it so I need to enlist other help. This seems like a great option. How do you store the rack when not in use?

Thanks. I'd like to take credit for the idea, but I just stole it from a post I saw on a Jeep forum. When I'm not using the top, I just leave it on the rack like you see in the picture. It's hard to see in my crappy cell phone pics, but the boards supporting the top and front panels are held in place by dowels. It's more than strong enough to support the weight. If it rains, the top pretty much protects itself and the panels.

gmcunni

i'll be building one of these in the spring when i switch back to soft top for the warm weather.

Attachments

• Dolly Instructions Jeep Wrangler.pdf
    198.1 KB · Views: 12

gmcunni

anyone do any beach driving in RI or MA? a little pre-planning for next summer, looking to do a weekend or two including some 4 wheeling on a beach.

Puck it

anyone do any beach driving in RI or MA? a little pre-planning for next summer, looking to do a weekend or two including some 4 wheeling on a beach.
The FJ goes to Nantucket to go to Great Point and the town beaches along with other areas.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Kind of cool looking, but what would be the point?

Looks like a compromise of passenger room compared to a regular Wrangler.

I wonder what the towing and payload is on it, so you could actually use it like a truck. The Wrangler only has a 3500# towing capacity.

I'm more excited about the return of the Grand Wagoneer. Some of the prototypes for that have been really cool looking.

SkiFanE

We did on Naiset Beach and Race point a few years in the 90s. Amazing fun (sand sofas are the bomb). Not sure what is allowed nowadays - back then there weren't as many restrictions - you could go so far and get away from everybody. That is the epitome of a beach day. Drive up to private spot with cooler, BBQ and gear and stay for a day. Stick a line and you could camp overnight.

gmcunni

I'm more excited about the return of the Grand Wagoneer. Some of the prototypes for that have been really cool looking.

i wonder if it will come with a stick. . .
Jeep Grand Cherokee: CEO Says 707-Horsepower Hellcat Version to Be Released in 2017
“Not only can I put a Hellcat motor in one of those for you, I’m going to bring that to market before the end of 2017,” Jeep CEO Michael Manley said in response to a journalist's inquiry.